Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
I had intentions of upgrading the head unit and at least the failing tweeters in my '08 Jetta this year. My free time and spending money have gone elsewhere though. I still plan to do something eventually since the stock system in its current condition is pretty awful. The Pioneer head units always seem to offer pretty good bang for the buck. I've got my eye on the AppRadio 3. Not sure what to do about speakers yet. A little bit of research has revealed that the VWs have some odd speaker sizes.

I did pull a screw out of my tire and plug it last night... Not sound related but I guess it counts as a car project :sarcastic:

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had intentions of upgrading the head unit and at least the failing tweeters in my '08 Jetta this year. My free time and spending money have gone elsewhere though. I still plan to do something eventually since the stock system in its current condition is pretty awful. The Pioneer head units always seem to offer pretty good bang for the buck. I've got my eye on the AppRadio 3. Not sure what to do about speakers yet. A little bit of research has revealed that the VWs have some odd speaker sizes.

I did pull a screw out of my tire and plug it last night... Not sound related but I guess it counts as a car project :sarcastic:
And your car system always sounds worse with a flat tire flopping around while you drive. Sounds like a noteworthy audio move to me!

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
And your car system always sounds worse with a flat tire flopping around while you drive. Sounds like a noteworthy audio move to me!
Excellent point! It was definitely an improvement to the overall audio experience. Though something tells me I can still do better :) We shall see. I may pull my door apart this weekend and see what it takes to get the tweeters out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts