Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in a fairly small room, what would be the preferable screen size for a 9-10 feet image throw?

I am also on a budget on the projector too, so I can't really buy something $700+++ that has a really nice short throw.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
For that distance somewhere between 92" and 100" would be an ideal screen size and for around $700 you can find lots of very good used 720p projectors. Look at the Sanyo Z4 or Z5, Panasonic has several and so does Epson, Optima and BenQ

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I am assuming the 100" would require me to get a PJ with a short-throw option?
Also where would you recommend me look for a used projector? Any other places besides ebay or craigslist?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Thank you, I am assuming the 100" would require me to get a PJ with a short-throw option?
Yes, AT 9' a 100" would be a stretch for most projectors.
Also where would you recommend me look for a used projector? Any other places besides ebay or craigslist?
You can have a look at this section of our forum or try here

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Hey, I was just looking up projectors myself and you might take a look at new Optoma HD65 (DLP technology). B&H photo had a new package with a travel bag, etc for $600 shipped- best deal on new that I saw, and reviews by mags and users seem positive. I ended up buying a different model, but from the projector pros as a b-stock they have the HD65 for $500, I think. Shorter warranty, but a 3 yr extended can be bought that still ends up $600.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I ended up getting an Optoma HD66 + a cheap screen. I don't think I will be disappointed at all this being my first projector an I really wanted to buy new.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
You will simply love having the big screen. Enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts