Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
The
Beatles

Yellow Submarine
Broke out my Sony Walkman and went mobile on my Santa Cruz mountain bike till my feet froze , had to cut it short. Trying to work off all that fruitcake I ate over the holidays.
Sony Walkman (for cassette tape or CD) is rather heavy to lug around on a ride.

·
Registered
153 Posts
DREAM WIFE
Audio CD

Since forming in 2015 as a college art school project , Dream Wife have become one of the foremost up-and-coming bands out of the U.K. They have garnered praise for their early releases and their ferocious live shows, which saw them sell out venues across U.K. and Europe, tour the U.S. with the Kills, and play festival stages all over the world.
  • Rakel Mjöll Leifsdóttir – lead vocals
  • Alice Gough – guitar, vocals
  • Isabella Podpadec – bass, vocals
  • Alex Paveley – drums
    • Fever Dream – co-lead vocals (track 11)

• Live at Kex Hostel in Reykjavik during Iceland Airwaves. Recorded November 6, 2016.
  • Explicit lyrics

·
Registered
36 Posts
DREAM WIFE
Audio CD

Since forming in 2015 as a college art school project , Dream Wife have become one of the foremost up-and-coming bands out of the U.K. They have garnered praise for their early releases and their ferocious live shows, which saw them sell out venues across U.K. and Europe, tour the U.S. with the Kills, and play festival stages all over the world.
  • Rakel Mjöll Leifsdóttir – lead vocals
  • Alice Gough – guitar, vocals
  • Isabella Podpadec – bass, vocals
  • Alex Paveley – drums
    • Fever Dream – co-lead vocals (track 11)

• Live at Kex Hostel in Reykjavik during Iceland Airwaves. Recorded November 6, 2016.
  • Explicit lyrics
Dumb

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nina Hagen
NunSexMonkRock

Nina Hagen has a Six Octave vocal range . She is incredible !!!! In the almbum cover photo she is holding her daughter "Cosma Shiva" .

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Jethro Tull
The Very Best Of

AudioCD

Reactions: John 2031

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Reactions: RobKnapp

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
QUEEN
NEWS OF THE WORLD

Sleeping On The Sidewalk; this tune has serious Groove

Great with a Tom Collins; perhaps the ultimate highball back in my wild days.​

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It was cardio workout today on the bike so I changed gears and listened to some 999 "Bish Bash Bosh" is the title of the album....

Reactions: RobKnapp

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Who
My Generation

You know I've always been a fan of rock songs that use a stutter in there lyrics.

Singer Roger Daltrey said his stuttered lyrics were manager Kit Lambert’s idea.
“When we were in the studio doing My Generation, Kit Lambert came up to me and said ‘Stutter!’ I said ‘What?’ He said ‘Stutter the words – it makes it sound like you’re pilled’ And I said, ‘Oh… like I am!’ And that’s how it happened.”

·
Registered
153 Posts
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Are You Experienced
CD Jewelcase. Remaster of the 1967 debut album from the Rock icon.

Jammed on my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike with a Sony Walkman

·
Registered
153 Posts
Jerry Garcia Band
Reflections

Reflections is Jerry Garcia's third solo album, released in 1976. Partway through production, Garcia stopped recording with his solo band and brought in the members of the Grateful Dead, who performed on four songs, plus a bonus jam from 2004 release.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Grateful
Dead
Europe '72

Europe '72 is a live triple album by the Grateful Dead, released in November 1972. It covers the band's tour of Western Europe in April and May that year, and showcases live favourites, extended improvisations and several new songs including "Jack Straw" and "Brown Eyed Women". The album was the first to include pianist Keith Godchaux and his wife, Donna Jean Godchaux, and the last to feature founding member Ron "Pigpen" McKernan, who died shortly after its release.

Ronald Charles McKernan (September 8, 1945 – March 8, 1973), known as Pigpen, was an American singer and musician. He was a founding member of the San Francisco band the Grateful Dead and played in the group from 1965 to 1972.
He began socializing around the San Francisco Bay Area, becoming friends with Jerry Garcia. After the pair had played in various folk and jug bands, McKernan suggested they form an electric group, which became the Grateful Dead. He was the band's original frontman as well as playing harmonica and electric organ, but Garcia and bassist Phil Lesh's influences on the band became increasingly stronger as they embraced psychedelic rock.
By 1971, his health had been affected by alcoholism and liver damage and doctors advised him to stop touring. Following a hiatus, he resumed touring with the group in December 1971 but was forced to retire from touring altogether in June 1972. McKernan was found dead of a gastrointestinal hemorrhage on March 8, 1973, aged 27, and is buried at Alta Mesa Memorial Park in Palo Alto.

·
Registered
153 Posts

THE ROLLING STONES

Some Girls

The Rolling Stones - Shattered 78' Stones outpunked the punks and showed everybody who was boss of whatever genre they wanted to play in. First Stones album I ever listened to, bought in Junior High School :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Supertramp
Breakfast In America

Out for a hike! Jamming to SUPERTRAMP CD in this arctic air ! Glorious snowy wilderness adventure.
Hoping everyone is coping with the arctic chill that is draped across the United States over the last several days.

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Can someone fix the spelling on this thread title?????
I think you will find you will get a better response to your quarry if you are specific . It’s very common to see them confused, abused, and misused, and not just in YouTube comments or on Reddit. People seem to mix up these two funny little words all over the place, and it’s something that can happen to anyone.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts