Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I think you will find you will get a better response to your quarry if you are specific . It’s very common to see them confused, abused, and misused, and not just in YouTube comments or on Reddit. People seem to mix up these two funny little words all over the place, and it’s something that can happen to anyone.
Yes indeed. That’s why I was asking. The word in the title should be to. As in listening to, not too, or two. To be clear, I’m not trying to be snarky. I’ve interacted with the OP quite a few times here, and elsewhere. Was just hoping that a mod could fix it.
Unless of course 3db meant something my little brain missed. Definitely possible...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Garcia (1972)
audio CD

Garcia '72 is Grateful Dead guitarist Jerry Garcia's first solo album, released in 1972. Warner Bros. Records offered the Grateful Dead the opportunity to cut their own solo records.
The majority of the songs were first recorded by Garcia and Kreutzmann as simple acoustic guitar and drum tracks. Garcia then overdubbed all other parts.

Garcia spoke about this album during an interview with Rolling Stone: “I’m doing it to be completely self-indulgent musically. I’m just going on a trip. I have curiosity to see what I can do, and I’ve a desire to get into sixteen track and go on trips that are too weird for me to want to put anybody else I know through. And also I want to pay for this house.”

It reached 35 in Billboard’s album charts—the peak of Garcia’s solo career

Jerry Garcia - Bird Song (Studio Version)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

Reactions: RobKnapp

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
THE RUNAWAYS
Audio CD

The Runaways in 1976 (clockwise from top left): Lita Ford, Sandy West, Jackie Fox, Joan Jett, Cherie Currie

Cherry Bomb
Artist
The Runaways
Writers
Kim Fowley, Joan Jett
Lead Vocals: Cherie Currie :love:

In January 2009, "Cherry Bomb" was ranked 52nd on VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs list

·
Registered
332 Posts
Kate Bush
Mini-LP

Kate Bush is an eponymous five-song 12" EP. It was released by EMI in the United States to promote Kate Bush, who was relatively unknown there at that time. But not buy myself ;I got into Kate's music 1979 Junior High School.
Released: 15 June 1983
Recorded: 1979–82

Babooshka

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you will find you will get a better response to your quarry if you are specific . It’s very common to see them confused, abused, and misused, and not just in YouTube comments or on Reddit. People seem to mix up these two funny little words all over the place, and it’s something that can happen to anyone.
Two words I see that also get misused are "advice" and "advise"...

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Beatles
Hey Jude

Audio CD

Hey Jude has got to be one of
Paul McCartney's best rock songs vocals .

Paul really gets in the groove
and lets it rip at the end of Hey Jude !!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Cheap Trick ‎
Cheap Trick At Budokan

I Want You To Want Me' was a fabulous dance-hall type of song. In my youth I would always grab a girl and shake my bones to this tune at a school dance :) Perfect pop tune, and it was meant to be a little campy .

Google says , A live version of "I Want You to Want Me" from the album Cheap Trick at Budokan was released in 1979 and became their biggest selling single, reaching #7 on the USA Billboard Hot 100 ; and was certified Gold for the sale of 500,000 singles in September 1979. It was also the band's highest charting single in Britain, where it reached #29.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Specials
SPECIALS

I was definitely having a hankering
for my favorite English Ska Band !!

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Beatles
A Hard Days Night

Boy's I Have never seen this film. I went ahead and ordered the Criterion Collection blu-ray
There should be some awesome Special Features enough to sink a ship :)

Reactions: John 2031

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wings Greatest
Audio CD

Until a remastered edition of "London Town" gets a release, "Wings Greatest" is so far the best place to acquire the full-length "With A Little Luck," featured in the best remastered sound quality !

I dare you boys to listen to this song and not tap your feet or
Bob your head
I'll see y'all down on Junior's Farm

·
Registered
332 Posts
Jerry Garcia | David Grisman | Tony Rice

I went for an incredible hike in the deep snow today. It took quite some time as I forged a path through the powder. Got in two groups Garcia on the way up.
Jim Morrison on the way Down !!!

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

·
Registered
332 Posts
Jethro Tull
Aqualung

At first, the new band had trouble getting repeat bookings and they took to changing their name frequently to continue playing the London club circuit, names which included "Navy Blue", "Ian Henderson's Bag o' Nails", and "Candy Colored Rain".

Anderson recalled looking at a poster at a club and concluding that the band name he didn't recognize was his. Band names were often supplied by their booking agents' staff, one of whom, a history enthusiast, eventually christened them "Jethro Tull" after the 18th-century agriculturist. The name stuck because they happened to be using it the first time a club manager liked their show enough to invite them to return.

·
Registered
332 Posts
QUEEN
NEWS OF THE WORLD

Happy Easter every body !

Sleeping On The Sidewalk; this tune has serious Groove

Great with a Tom Collins; perhaps the ultimate highball back in my wild days.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hey Jude
(The U.S. Album)
by The Beatles

Out training... it may be technically spring ! But old man winter is still hanging around
🥶
I hope everyone’s having a grand day !

·
Registered
179 Posts
"Type beats" on YouTube Music. Probably most of the albums in this thread have been sampled into a "boom bap" instrumental beat.

Go to whosampled.com to see if tracks from your posted album was sampled into another track.

·
Registered
179 Posts
For you Beatle heads, check out Danger Mouse's Grey Album. He took the instrumentals from the White Album and combined it with the vocals from Jay-Z's Black Album. 99 Problems is CLASSIC!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
The Black Angels "Passover" on CD

The Black Angels "Directions to Find a Ghost"

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I was listening to a band called The Kills, an album called "Little Bastards" when I heard their rendition of Forty Four. The Kills are NOT a blues band. They are a rather good alternative/garage rock band.

Reactions: RobKnapp
41 - 60 of 78 Posts