Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thank goodness for the Bristol sessions. The Bristol Sessions are a series of recording sessions held in 1927 in Bristol, Tennessee, considered by some as the "Big Bang" of modern country music. The recordings were made by Victor Talking Machine Company producer Ralph Peer. Bristol was one of the stops on a two-month, $60,000 trip that took Peer through several major southern cities and yielded important recordings of blues, ragtime, gospel, ballads, topical songs, and string bands. The Bristol Sessions marked the commercial debuts of Jimmie Rodgers and the Carter Family. As a result of the influence of these recording sessions, Bristol has been called the "birthplace of country music". Since 2014, the town has been home to the Birthplace of Country Music Museum.
The Original A. P.
Carter Family

Old Time Gospel Music With Auto-harps and Guitars

The Carter Family Documentary

Reactions: 3dbinCanada

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sonic Youth
Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star
CD

I saw Sonic Youth live,

Lollapalooza.
Date: Saturday, July 8th, 1995
City: Denver, Colorado, USA
Venue: Fiddlers Green
SET LIST

Schizophrenia
Bull in the Heather
Starfield Road
Self-Obsessed and Sexxee
Bone
Washing Machine
No Queen Blues
Saucer-Like
Becuz
Eric's Trip
Teenage Riot
The Diamond Sea
--
Candle
I Love Her All The Tim

·
Registered
566 Posts
The
Beatles

Yellow Submarine
Broke out my Sony Walkman and went mobile on my Santa Cruz mountain bike till my left knee stared to ache , had to cut it short. Trying to work off my winter weight.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nina Hagen
NunSexMonkRock

Nina Hagen has a Six Octave vocal range .
She can give Maria Callas a run for her money ! Nina Hagen is incredible !!!! In the album cover photo she is holding her daughter
"Cosma Shiva" .

Nina Hagen - Naturträne (Rockpalast)
99.9% of the population can handle the likes of Nina Hagen
but if you want to hear some impressive vocals strap yourself in and listen to this

·
Registered
566 Posts
Mannheim Steamroller
Fresh Aire 1 - 1975

I just scored some tickets !

I have never seen them live .
WED NOV 17, 2021 - 7:30 PM
Mannheim Steamroller
Pikes Peak Center, Colorado Springs, CO

This is such a great album

·
Registered
566 Posts
THE ROLLING STONES

Some Girls

The Rolling Stones - Shattered 78' Stones outpunked the punks and showed everybody who was boss of whatever genre they wanted to play in. First Stones album I ever listened to, bought in Junior High School :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Lightnin' Hopkins
Mojo Hand

·
Registered
566 Posts
The Commodores
Brick House

Ow, she's a brick house
She's mighty-mighty, just lettin' it all hang out
She's a brick house
That lady's stacked and that's a fact…

·
Registered
566 Posts
Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads out there !!

Lionel Hampton
Flying Home

See if you can keep your feet still while listening to Lionel Hampton :)

American jazz vibraphonist, pianist, drummer, percussionist and bandleader.
Born: 20 April 1908 in Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
Died: 31 August 2002 in New York City, USA.

:cool:
Are you kidding me , are you kidding me ? Lionel Hampton was "The real McCoy" when he played the vibraphone.
Spoiler
a percussion instrument resembling the xylophone but having metal bars and motor-driven resonators for sustaining the tone and producing a vibrato.

·
Registered
566 Posts
GRATEFUL DEAD
(SKULL & ROSES)

CD

1. BERTHA (5:41)
2. MAMA TRIED (2:41)
3. BIG RAILROAD BLUES (3:33)
4. PLAYING IN THE BAND (4:39)

Side II
5. THE OTHER ONE (18:03)

Side III
6. ME & MY UNCLE (3:03)
7. BIG BOSS MAN (5:11)
8. ME & BOBBY McGEE (5:41)
9. JOHNNY B. GOODE (3:46)

Side IV
1. WHARF RAT (8:29)
2. NOT FADE AWAY/GOIN’ DOWN THE ROAD FEELING BAD (9:10)

·
Registered
566 Posts
JEFF BECK
There and Back

This "cat" definitely did things his way. Basically my into to Jazz fusion,
instrumental rock
in my last year of Junior High.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Paul Stanley's Soul Station
NOW AND THEN

Kiss frontman Paul Stanley's
record consists of nine covers of '60s and '70s R&B classics - with a strong emphasis on Motown and Philly soul - and five originals. The first single is a take on the Five Stairsteps' 1970 Top 10 hit "O-o-h Child."

·
Registered
566 Posts
Jethro Tull
The Very Best Of

AudioCD

·
Registered
566 Posts
The
Beatles

Yellow Submarine
Broke out my Sony Walkman and went mobile on my Santa Cruz mountain bike! The smoke in the atmosphere was getting to me . I had to cut my ride short. Still the groove from the Beatles was strong !

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

Reactions: RobKnapp

·
Registered
566 Posts
[
KISS
Hotter than Hell
Hotter than Hell is the second studio album by American hard rock band Kiss, released on October 22, 1974, by Casablanca Records. It was certified gold on June 23, 1977, having shipped 500,000 copies.[2] The album was re-released in 1997 in a remastered version. It peaked on the Billboard 200 charts at No. 100,[3] without the benefit of a hit single. Many of the album's songs are live staples for the band, including “Parasite", "Hotter Than Hell", "Let Me Go, Rock 'n' Roll" and "Watchin' You".

My personal favorite off this album !
KISS - Goin' Blind

·
Registered
566 Posts
GWAR

Scumdogs of the Universe Explicit Lyrics

Gwar, often stylized in all caps as GWAR, is an American heavy metal band formed in Richmond, Virginia in 1984, composed of and operated by a frequently rotating line-up of musicians, artists and filmmakers collectively known as Slave Pit Inc.
GWAR - Love Surgery
They are touring again and this absolutely will p i s s off your neighbors .... It Rocks Hard

·
Registered
566 Posts

Jerry Garcia Band
Cats Under the Stars

Cats Under the Stars is an album by the Jerry Garcia Band. Released in 1978, it is the only studio album credited to the band. It was Jerry Garcia's first album on the Arista label and his first LP using the band name Jerry Garcia Band. It includes only one song that was performed by the Grateful Dead.

Shakin' my bones !! Thank you Jerry.... Kieth .... & Donna Godchaux !

The record was not a financial success, but it remained Garcia's favorite, as he said in an interview in the late 1980s: "The record I worked hardest at and liked best was Cats Under the Stars. That was kind of like my baby.

Reuben And Cerise was performed four times by the Grateful Dead in 1991. The song was a regular part of the Jerry Garcia Band repertoire. They performed it nearly 100 times between November 1977 and April 1995. ... However on Jerry Garcia recordings of the song the title is given as Rubin And Cherise.

·
Registered
566 Posts
LIVE/DEAD
Grateful Dead

The album that changed everything, LIVE/DEAD. This was the first live album ever released by the Dead and includes recordings over a series of concerts in early 1969.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Garcia (1972)
audio CD

Garcia '72 is Grateful Dead guitarist Jerry Garcia's first solo album, released in 1972. Warner Bros. Records offered the Grateful Dead the opportunity to cut their own solo records.
The majority of the songs were first recorded by Garcia and Kreutzmann as simple acoustic guitar and drum tracks. Garcia then overdubbed all other parts.

Garcia spoke about this album during an interview with Rolling Stone: “I’m doing it to be completely self-indulgent musically. I’m just going on a trip. I have curiosity to see what I can do, and I’ve a desire to get into sixteen track and go on trips that are too weird for me to want to put anybody else I know through. And also I want to pay for this house.”

It reached 35 in Billboard’s album charts—the peak of Garcia’s solo career

Jerry Garcia - Bird Song (Studio Version)

61 - 80 of 115 Posts