Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
SO FAR

Audio CD

Stephen Stills wrote "Find The Cost of Freedom" after visiting a Civil War battle site and the emotion is still potent today: "All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you ... Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground." The a cappella texture makes it especially moving.

Reactions: John 2031

·
Registered
566 Posts
LADIES OF THE CANYON
Joni Mitchell
12 SONGS • 44 MINUTES of BLISS • MAR 31 1970

This is a great, great album ! I have been hiking a lot; Bushwhacking off trail ! I bought this CD from Amazon and it included a FREE stream-able copy so I can go mobile and listen to Joni as I hike through the Colorado tree's.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The Smithsonian
Collection of Classic Jazz

Compilation album

The Smithsonian Collection of Classic Jazz is a six-LP box set released in 1973 by the Smithsonian Institution. Wikipedia
Release date: 1973
Label: The Smithsonian Collection of Recordings
Compiler: Martin Williams
Genres: Bebop, Swing music, Big band, Hard bop, Free jazz, Ragtime, Post-bop, Avant-garde jazz, Modal jazz

·
Registered
566 Posts
Joe Bonamassa
Audio CD

Joseph Leonard Bonamassa is an American blues rock guitarist, singer and songwriter. He started his career at age 12, when he opened for B.B. King. Since 2000, Bonamassa has released 15 solo albums through his independent record label J&R Adventures, of which 11 have reached number 1

Black cat singing blues

On British Blues Explosion Live, Joe Bonamassa pays homage to legendary British guitarists Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page with his stunning performance of their blues-rock classics. Recorded at Greenwich Music Time at The Old Royal Naval College in London in July, 2016. The 5 piece band included Michael Rhodes (bass), Reese Wynans (keyboards), Anton Fig (drums) and Russ Irwin (rhythm guitar/backing vocals).

Reactions: jackramirez

·
Registered
566 Posts
Kate Bush
Mini-LP

She was nominated three times for induction in the 2018, 2021 and 2022 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Get Kate Bush inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame already! After all, the artist has been snubbed for the last 18 years .

Kate Bush is an eponymous five-song 12" EP. It was released by EMI in the United States to promote Kate Bush, who was relatively unknown there at that time. But not buy myself ;I got into Kate's music 1979 Junior High School.
Released: 15 June 1983
Recorded: 1979–82

Babooshka

·
Registered
566 Posts
Steve Miller Band,
Fly Like an Eagle

This got me up the mountain !!

Molly Hatchet

Flirtin With Disaster
Got me down the mountain !!
RunToday
Running and hiking

• Distance
    8.6 mi
  • Time
    2:50:55
  • Elevation
  • 2,286 ft
After my 3 mile run up the mountain. I hiked around another 5 .6 miles I ran into some friends. High altitude Colorado lizards. I guess the inner 13-year-old boy in me is still around in spirit ! I had to stop to chat with these little cool creatures .

·
Registered
566 Posts
Rush

2112, the 1976 rock opera that made them stars. The story, which goes like this: In the futuristic society of Megadon, where music is outlawed, a kid finds an old guitar. He figures out how to play it, which makes him a criminal to the evil priests from the Temples of Syrinx. Can his innocent strums revive the ancient spirit of music? Can he escape the tyranny of the elders? Will they let him rock? (Spoiler alert: Noooo!)

·
Registered
566 Posts
THE ROLLING STONES

Some Girls

The Rolling Stones - Shattered 78' Stones outpunked the punks and showed everybody who was boss of whatever genre they wanted to play in. First Stones album I ever listened to, bought in Junior High School :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Wings Greatest
Audio CD ripped through iPhone

Was out training , about 7500 feet ! I’ve been keeping my eye open and I had success. Tracking down some wild Colorado columbine! Truly a spectacular wild flower! Had to throw in a Selfie for good measure ha ha
Wings Greatest was really treating my right today!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Steve Miller Band
Book of Dreams

·
Registered
566 Posts
Electric Light Orchestra
Discovery

The summer of 79 was a great summer !Jamming to ELO !
You're lookin' good just like a snake in the grass. One of these days you're gonna break your glass (Don't bring me down, no no no no no no no)

"Don't Bring Me Down" by Electric Light Orchestra extended remix version with beautiful girls dancing to the shuffle, all in HD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Joe Bonamassa
Audio CD

Joseph Leonard Bonamassa is an American blues rock guitarist, singer and songwriter. He started his career at age 12, when he opened for B.B. King. Since 2000, Bonamassa has released 15 solo albums through his independent record label J&R Adventures, of which 11 have reached number 1

Black cat singing blues

On British Blues Explosion Live, Joe Bonamassa pays homage to legendary British guitarists Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page with his stunning performance of their blues-rock classics. Recorded at Greenwich Music Time at The Old Royal Naval College in London in July, 2016. The 5 piece band included Michael Rhodes (bass), Reese Wynans (keyboards), Anton Fig (drums) and Russ Irwin (rhythm bass guitar/backing vocals).
He is so talented! How did you find him?

·
Registered
566 Posts
He is so talented! How did you find him?
I was hiking in Colorado listening to Jimi Hendrix station on Pandora and they played Joe Bonamassa and I was hooked :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Steve Miller Band 'Book of Dreams

Running and hiking after work in the monsoonal flow. It’s so glorious because the last two summers we didn’t have a monsoon and it was hot as could be. Molly Hatchet Greatest Hits and Steve Miller Book of Dreams treated me right
  • 9.44mi
    Distance
  • 3:40:31
    Moving Time
  • 17:21/mi
    Pace
Elevation
2,417ft
Molly Hatchet - Greatest Hits Expanded

·
Registered
566 Posts
Molly Hatchet

Flirtin With Disaster

I have always really appreciated the cover art work entitled "Dark Kingdom" by Frank Frazetta

Colorado's State Fish, Greenback Cutthroat Trout
when I'm out hiking I'm always on the lookout for Native greenback cutthroat Colorado trout

Apparently this little Missy likes Molly Hatchet to has she didn't scatter when I saw her !!!
that's the real life aspect ratio she let me get very close to her ! I do believe the deer likes Danny Joe Brown, the lead singer of the Southern rock band Molly Hatchet vocals :)
  • 10.77mi
    Distance
  • 3:03:50
    Moving Time
  • 17:03/mi
    Pace
the second half of the hike I switched over to Pink Floyd

101 - 115 of 115 Posts