Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

What's playing right now ? (Include format)

42K views 404 replies 63 participants last post by  kevin360 
#1 ·
Lee DeWyze
Live It Up
Apple lossless

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
#13 ·
Okay, I'll join the fun. I just cued up 'Octave of the Holy Innocents' by Hellborg, Buckethead and Shrieve.

Format: WAV (uncompressed)

To be honest, this is pretty much how I listen to music these days. I do have about a hundred SACDs (and a few DVD-As) which I have no way to rip, so I still play them in the conventional manner. After a number of years in storage, I did set up my turntable again, but it just spends 99.9% of its time collecting dust.:)

#15 ·
I've got this song on my iPod touch playing right now in my livingroom. Love it LOUD!
Lee Ritenour "countdown"

http://youtu.be/9lD-7cUVVQ4

#16 ·
Are the YouTube music videos loaded by the artists/studios or do individuals upload them ?
Any info on quality levels ?
The ones that have been posted here seem pretty good to me and when I used the roku to watch/listen on my main system YouTube had a music channel.
I am not real familiar with YouTube other than the occasional home video I have seen posted.
It appears there is a lot more there than I am aware of.

#17 ·
Some are posted by the artists themselves but many are uploaded by other people. Yes, many videos and audio are actually quite good quality. It's a great way to introduce people to music as well.

#23 ·

Format: CD (while I'm ripping the other new arrivals)

It's amazing how much music is still 'out there' to be discovered. I use Pandora (subscription) at work and when something unfamiliar really catches my ear, I drop another CD in my Amazon shopping cart. Gotta love modern technology!

----

While enjoying the linked Kaki King video, I couldn't help wondering if she had tackled any of Michael Hedges' work. She has, and she apologized for what she did with it. Michael was from a different planet, but this one sure does miss him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.