Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
361 - 380 of 405 Posts
Discussion starter · #361 ·
My first encounter was similar to yours, but I have yet to turn my impressions around as far as you apparently have. Acoustically, it is marvelous - very entertaining in the round. The composition is a bit weak, in my view. I'll have to give it a third chance. Maybe, I'll come around. Of course, that would require me to remove a disc which has been 'stuck' in my player since it arrived - Frank Zappa's Roxy, on BluRay. I've waited a long time, and I think it was worth the wait - did not disappoint. This was the lineup that I love the most, and they really cooked. Take a trip back to 1973 for a unique entertainment experience that sounds even better than I expected.
I understand completely.
All things considered though I am glad to have one last album from him even if it is not a 'masterpiece' it is music that I will enjoy listening to.
It is unfortunate the Barn Jams that are on the BD did not make it onto a CD, those very enjoyable to me and I would like to have them on the computer/iPod.

I understand completely.
All things considered though I am glad to have one last album from him even if it is not a 'masterpiece' it is music that I will enjoy listening to.
It is unfortunate the Barn Jams that are on the BD did not make it onto a CD, those very enjoyable to me and I would like to have them on the computer/iPod.
Part of the problem is that my expectations were pretty high, as they always are for a Gilmour project. Were it not for the multi-channel presentation, I would have been disappointed. As it is, my disappointment in the core of the material was offset by my delight in its presentation. It sounds superb. Musically, it has its moments, but it's not a disc of David's best compositions.

Steve Hackett's 2015 release, 'Wolflight', let me down, as well. Musically, it just wasn't as interesting as his previous, recent releases.

I'm about to give this one a second listen - liked it the first time. As always, I'll listen to music sourced from a CD via the Bryston BDP-1 and the hard drive attached to it - so bloody convenient *and* terrific!

Bruce Springsteen live from 2013-07-11 Rome, IT. Nuggs Live download 196K. Playing Flac file with a Bryston BDP-2 (with the new sound card) and Bryston BDA-2.
Good show but the sound is more like an mp3.

Check and see if it is on YouTube to give it a preview if you are on the fence. My mother-in-law bought it and let me and my wife rip it, so i just fell into this one. I think its very good.
I enjoyed 21 so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I have her Blu-Ray concert and that is really what drew me into her music. She's actually quite funny and has a lot of personality to go with those beautiful pipes.

361 - 380 of 405 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.