Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

141 - 160 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I noticed quite a few Steely Dan fans on this thread. I now know why. In the past 2 yrs I just got back in to music. I assembled a modest surround and 2 channel system. I found a box in our closet (boxed up for 7 yrs) and inside was Steely Dan Cant Buy A Thrill. This cd is awesome, it has become my quality recording for comparison cd. I liked this disc so much I ordered their following six releases on amazon.:clap:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I noticed quite a few Steely Dan fans on this thread. I now know why. In the past 2 yrs I just got back in to music. I assembled a modest surround and 2 channel system. I found a box in our closet (boxed up for 7 yrs) and inside was Steely Dan Cant Buy A Thrill. This cd is awesome, it has become my quality recording for comparison cd. I liked this disc so much I ordered their following six releases on amazon.:clap:
:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
It's hard to believe it was 1979 when The Wall was released and who would have guessed at the time that it essentially signaled the end.
Sometimes I change my Lotus Notes messenger status to "I have become comfortably numb"
The youngsters have no clue where it comes from.....of course in all fairness I have no clue to their popculture either.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not totally surprising, considering Roger Waters state of mind at the time this album was released. The fact he could not even stand the audiences he was performing for. It seems the very talented have to pay for their talents with other deficiencies.Still a favorite of mine,never get tired of their music.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Agreed. Love Floyd. Went through delicate sound of thunder after the wall. My 11 yr old laughed when I was singing in the flesh. He also knows many of the songs, and will sit and listen with me. Of course in fairness, we also do imagine dragons. Good stuff too. Unique approach.
I was only 5 when the wall came out, and a young teen when I saw the movie. I think it's slightly unusual to really love music from when your 5, but I small a bearer of an old soul, and somehow the melancholy speaks to me. I love David Gilmore too.
Pearl Jam "10" now. Their best.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
After several years on my Amazon wish list, I finally landed a copy of Keltoi - Drunk With Autumn. For years, there have been no copies available, unless one were willing to shell out in excess of $100. I love it, but I doubt I'd have much company in that.:laugh:

As usual, I'm listening to .wav files via the music server.

Mike Oldfield: Tubular Bells 2003 DTS 5.1 DVD-A
Hey Kevin, have you ever listened to Oldfield's 'Music of the Spheres'?

141 - 160 of 405 Posts