Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All, I am looking to place a nice HD TV on my patio, It is covered but Moisture is still apparent several times per year. for the most part the weather is good with no freezing temps. Has anyone seen a thread or personally know of any research that's been done on what works best outside? Is there any difference in reliability between plasma and lcd when introduced to more extreme highs and lows of temps?

any help or advice here would be great, thanks

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Outside of TVs made specifically for the outdoors, I would imagine that you should check the specs out for operating conditions of any set that may interest you. It will usually specify how much relative humity it can tolerate. I assume humidity is what you mean by moisture versus water dripping off the furniture.

Bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob, great place to start, guess I was just wondering if anyone had already done the research already and come up with a list

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Just FYI. I had a hard time finding the information on the web specs but found it by going to the spec section of the manuals. An example for one of the Samsung LCD models was 50 to 104 degree F with a humidity range of 10% to 80% non-condensing.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts