Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You know I completely forgot about that fat man in the bathtub who was once a dixie chicken down on the farm wearing sailin' shoes crying I got a rocket in my pocket, feats don't fail me now.

One of my all time favorite bands... I can't believe I just totally forgot to list them. I might have to bump them up ahead of Fleetwood Mac. Man.... I just had some of their CD's out earlier.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm going to add just a few of my all time favorite artists:
1. The Dramatics
2. The O'Jays
3. Al Green
4. After 7
5. Duke Ellington

·
Registered
703 Posts
Like many others I have a hard time identifying just one band or artists. I suspect it would be different from time to time depending on my mood.

I was surprised to see Tool listed more than once here. I would add my support for them also. On the heavier side I also like Stabbing Westward and Stained. On the Canadian front Tea Party and Moist come to mind.

There are a lot of classic rock bands that I love too but the question is for one. If I think of it in terms of being stranded on a desert island and I only have one artist's complete works then I think it would be Sarah McLachlan. I much prefer the sound of a female voice and hers is particularly soothing. More than anything I rely on music to sooth my soul and that makes music like Sarah's a necessity for me.

Like many though I really can't imagine not having the variety I have available to me with my current 30GB of VBR mp3s. In my collection there is music from the Carpenters, Tool, Sade, ELP, Metallica, and various other types of music.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Actually the first post explains to list your top five... so you can choose more than just one. :bigsmile:

K

·
0 Posts
1. Def Leppard
2. .38 Special
3. Molly Hatchet
4. Andrea Bocelli
5. Trick Daddy

I like music from all genres, but I've been a fan of Def Leppard since the early 80s. I started with Pyromania in Fayetteville, NC and went on a 8-show trip. They are really nice guys, a little quirky, but timeless.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Alright, another Molly Hatchet fan!

1. Molly Hatchet
2. Dream Theater
3. Lynyrd Skynyrd
4. Rush
5. Judas Priest, and various other 80's heavy metal

Tim
:drive:

·
Registered
969 Posts
In no particular order:

1. Pink Floyd (Before the break-up*)
2. Aerosmith
3. Metallica
4. The Tragically Hip
5. Van Halen

* I like the Division Bell and A Momentary Lapse of Reason but they are shadowed in comparison to DSOM, Animals, The Wall, WYWH, etc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Top 5? Only five rock, well I guess that does limit you a bit, but on the other hand, it makes things only slightly easier...

In no particular order

Genesis
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
Van Halen (Roth and Hagar years)
The Who
Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes (I am a Jersey Boy)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
1. AcidBath
2. Neurosis
3. Alice N Chains
4. Faith No More
5. Pantera

closely followed by a hundred others. # 1 and 2 are a lock, the rest rotate a bit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I have a wide range of music from smooth jazz to rock and here are my top ten band/group:

1. Lee Rittenour
2. Phil Collins
3. Toto
4. Van Halen
5. Tears for Fears
6. U2
7. Beatles
8. Scorpions
9. Heart
10.Eagles

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
While they would not be my preference, I can understand picking Rush. Three really talented, prolific, energetic, and durable musicians. I recall seeing them in 1979 and was very impressed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a lot more difficult than it seemed :

1. Pink Floyd (by a wide margin)
2. Led Zeppelin
3. U2

Then it gets tricky so I'll just pick 2

Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains

Bruce Springsteen gets an honorable mention here for fantastic live performances.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
In my early years it was...

The Beatles
The Young Rascals
Traffic
The Moody Blues
Top 40 radio

The high school years......

Zeppelin
Yes
Black Sabbath
Alice Cooper
ZZ Top

Later it's all of the above and about a thousand more....................

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here's my list, it could be much bigger. Like someone else has said, if I would write this again tomorrow about half of these groups would be different.

Rock
Zeppelin
Little Feat
Stones
Moody Blues
Kruder & Dorfmeister
Phil Collins

Jazz
Miles Davis
Dave Brubeck
Patricia Barber
Herbie Hancock