Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have enough Atmos titles to make this interesting...

I'm curious, what do you think is the best Atmos demo disc?

My pick remains Gravity (and Dolby's original Atmos Demo Disc 2014 as a strong runner-up). Gravity, though, has such a fantastic opening scene of swirling audio...loaded with dynamics... it's phenomenal!

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
I think it's a tough call between Gravity, Jupiter Ascending and San Andreas. Each has their pros and cons

Gravity has an incredible amount of depth to it, and it's easily discernible in space where you are focusing on individual pings and tings and little noises.

Jupiter Ascending as an epic sounding track that just exudes complexity and layering of noises

San Andreas is just the poster child for the ability to balance 10 gazillion sounds at once, layering softer vocals and the insanity of buildings crumbling all around you while the world burns so to speak

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good call on Jupiter Ascending...

I wish that had been a better movie :-/ ... perhaps it would better demo legs in my home. Maybe it's time to give it another shot.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Good call on Jupiter Ascending...

I wish that had been a better movie :-/ ... perhaps it would better demo legs in my home. Maybe it's time to give it another shot.
it's a very visually beautiful movie, and the premise is a lot of fun. it's just the execution where it falls apart. great demo disc, but not much else.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
While Gravity is phenomenal my personal favorite is Mad Max Fury Road. There are some real demo moments with it and to be honest too many to pick my favorite.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Fine...leave us left behinders out of the game. :laugh2:

Reactions: rajesh shirole
1 - 8 of 8 Posts