Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Make sure your picture is a jpg rather than bmp file, they have a larger size cap. Then just dowload pix resizer to scale your images if you need to do that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Okay here goes, figured it out thanks :D

So what can I do to improve this waterfall, especially that big dip between 100-200hz?

There is still a little bit of echo but not much.

I was thinking maybe 1 more monster trap turned sideways behind the centre speaker (or would a smaller one be better, a gik 242 or something), then maybe a 242 size panle turned sideways on the bare wall to the left of the front left main speaker. Finally some diffusers on the back wall either side of the monster traps and some diffusers on the ceiling. Not just to improve the REW measurements, but to overall tighten up and perfect the sound quality.

Or would this be overkill :huh:

Regards
Marty

Attachments

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Marty1,
After uploading to your laptop the image should upload in any size format but 800x600 is still plenty big to fill a TV screen with enough detail to see what your watching for a movie in your theater photos.

But before you can add a pic to your posts/replies you need to download images to your "Image Gallery"...:

Go to your profile an click on "Image Gallery Tab" then simply follow instructions on uploading. At the bottom of the page are instructions on adding pics to your Posts/Replies.

That should do it

Greg

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Marty,

Your all set. I loaded a bookmarked page and needed to reload the page. All I saw was a question.
Looks like you've had allot of help setting up your sound. Nice setup..., love Focal

Greg

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Marty,

Your all set. I loaded a bookmarked page and needed to reload the page. All I saw was a question.
Looks like you've had allot of help setting up your sound. Nice setup..., love Focal

Greg

I love the Focal Profiles sound, they have so much clarity compared to anything I have heard, match them with the PB13U and it's awesome.

Yeah I have had a lot of help from various people, especially Bryan, great advice that has truely added a lot more to my HT experience.

I just have to figure out how to get rid of that big dip and see if a bit of diffusion will add anything noticeable to the performance.

Marty

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
That big dip is only really gonna be filled out by either moving the sub or getting a second and placing it somewhere that fills the dip in. At some point your going to have to settle for the graph as it is and decide if your happy with the sound. You can do a lot to a room to optimise it, but there is a limit to everything unless you build the room from the ground up.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
That big dip is only really gonna be filled out by either moving the sub or getting a second and placing it somewhere that fills the dip in. At some point your going to have to settle for the graph as it is and decide if your happy with the sound. You can do a lot to a room to optimise it, but there is a limit to everything unless you build the room from the ground up.
Don't get me wrong, the sound is fantastic and I am content with it, I just enjoy trying to perfect things here and there. The acoustic panels have had a night and day impact on the sound, not so much with the graph though but more to my ears. I still have a very tiny bit of echo when I clap but I am contemplating covering first reflections on the ceiling with diffuser panels at some point, so that may tighten things up a bit more.

I am certain that dip is the front left speaker, when I measure the sub with xo at 80hz it litterally peters out just after that mark. When I measured individual speakers without the sub on, the front left speaker was almost ruler flat but the front right speaker was all over the place, I think that dip was there?

Marty

181 - 189 of 189 Posts