Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When is the mic Cal file implemented?

Hi all,

I have not been following REW development as closely as I used to, but I noticed that the calibration file for my SPL meter/mic (Galaxy CM140) has been updated since I originally downloaded it several years ago. Yea, I know that a USB mic is more accurate, but that is not an option for me for now. I have two questions

1) Does REQ "hard-bake" the adjustments made using the calibration file present at the time of measurement into the results, or is the data recorded "raw," and different calibration files can be applied as available?

2) With regards to the current version, there are two downloads listed: The regular windows installer, and the "offline" version, that includes a run-time-only version of Java (?). Does the regular version require an internet connection (I already have Java installed, so I don't need the RTO version), or is it standalone as previous versions have been? Also, can I upgrade my older version to the new one by simply installing over it?

Thanx!

Vader

·
Super Moderator
9,258 Posts
Re: When is the mic Cal file implemented?

1) Does REQ "hard-bake" the adjustments made using the calibration file present at the time of measurement into the results, or is the data recorded "raw," and different calibration files can be applied as available?
If you’re talking about using a new calibration file on a previous measurement, REW can do that. Just clear the old file and install the new one, and the measurement will change to reflect the data from the new file.

2) With regards to the current version, there are two downloads listed: The regular windows installer, and the "offline" version, that includes a run-time-only version of Java (?). Does the regular version require an internet connection (I already have Java installed, so I don't need the RTO version), or is it standalone as previous versions have been? Also, can I upgrade my older version to the new one by simply installing over it?
Can’t tell you anything about the first part of the question, but AFAIK REW will install the new version as a full stand-alone. I have both REW V4 and V5 on my computer.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Wayne! That is exactly what I wanted to hear (read?). Now I just need to figure out which version of REW to download...:)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ Thanks, John! One last question: Is the regular REW download (the 13M one) a standalone installer like previous versions, as opposed to the 29M one with the Private Java (I already have it installed, so I don't need it again)?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The regular Windows installer should detect and use the JRE installed by the offline installer if that was used previously.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts