Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need one of the two for my new ML's. Probably spade terminals would work better. Where the banana pins plug into the ML terminals, the metal part on the ML terminal is recessed too far into the plastic wing nut and cannot get a good snug fit. The pins on my banana plugs are not long enough... they just fall back out too easy.

ML doesn't have a thread hole in their terminal, so about the only option is spades.

I found these at Parts Express, but I believe the spade opening will be a tad too small. The ML terminals are not all that big, but not quite this small:

Where can I find some good quality terminals?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah... their spades look almost identical to the Monster spades... and a lot less in cost... 10 for $17.49

·
Registered
200 Posts
How do you bind the speaker cable to those spade connectors (the Monster or the lookalikes?)
I'm using some monoprice bananas but I find that they screws loosens, and am looking for something more secure.

·
Elite Shackster , HTS Moderator Emeritus
2,216 Posts
I use Loctite, which is a general purpose thread sealant/glue. I think Red is the one you want not blue. One is just a gummy sealant that prevents loosening from vibration, the other you have to heat with a torch to get loose. It says it on the packaging.

As for those spade connections, the wire folds down over some teeth and then it's all screwed together. I believe there's an O ring in there to keep it from working loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts