Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just snagged this television off of cragslist for free but unfortunately, it doesn't come with a remote. To get an OEM replacement, it looks like it can run me well over $150-200! :duh: That's way out of my budget considering it actually looks like a Fisher-Price toy. Are there any universal remotes with the same features/buttons or am I just out of luck? Also, is there any where to get a service manual for free or am I going to have to pay for it? I managed to find the Hitachi 43uwx10b service manual for free but I'm not having any luck with this pioneer.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Pioneer has 2 versions of that remote. One is only about $40. You might call them to find out what the difference is. Probably not programmable.

Pioneer service manuals are among the most expensive on the market, usually $50-100. You may find a place to download it if you look at the sources in the links here
http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...ps-service-manuals-assorted-useful-links.html
but the only ones that I know of that might have it are subscription sites.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
For the remote have a look at ebay they can sometimes be found for a really good price.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Leonard. I got this set working and come to find out I can adjust the convergence without the remote. Awesome! Here's my next question, before I spend all the time calibrating the convergence, I would like to deal with the overscan problem. I put up an overscan test picture and I'm at about 5% all the way around. This makes a noticeable difference when I'm playing video games. Is there any way to correct this? Also, the convergence grid isn't completely square at the top and the bottom of the screen. I can't fix it from this menu because you only have control over red and blue. Any suggestions?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You have to change it at the service level and it will require significant adjustment to geometry and convergence. 5% is not bad for a CRT based unit.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
You have to change it at the service level and it will require significant adjustment to geometry and convergence. 5% is not bad for a CRT based unit.
Ya, thats not bad at all. My Sony 53" RPTV was at 8% when I got it but now I have it at 2% on the top and bottom and about 4% on the sides. I found that if I went any farther I started to see all sorts of video garbage that the networks don't care about on the outside of the frame.
Also for some reason depending on the display pushing the overscan to far will cause the image to bend slightly on the edges and convergence adjustment wont fix it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts