Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting the 500 watt Bash amp, but I've seen two different kinds while searching. One is listed as the 500W Bash amp, and the other is the 500S digital bash amp. The prices are exactly the same, so whats the differnce (or is there a difference)? :huh:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
As per your suggestion I am going to build my R2-D2 sub to match these suggestions.

"The IXL 12.2.2 would work well in a 3.5 cu.ft. box and with a 500 watt Bash amp. The high pass filter on the amp would need to be changed to 18.7 hz, the default on the amp is 30 hz. With a slot port 3" x 6" x 36.75" long the air speed is under 26 m/s. The port would take up .5 cu.ft. SPL would be 109 db at 20 hz, plus room gain. The sub is $192, shipping included."

I dont know how to copy the pic you sent me. It is on the thread "so it begins, passive radiators- do I need it" post #21

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would imagine that it would be very difficult to keep track of all the posts that you read! :blink: Did you pick the Parts Express Bash amp because it is a better amp than the O Audio? Why would an amp specify that it is digital? I do kind of like the extra stuff on the O Audio Bash amp, but is it worth my while? Sorry for so many questions, but I really dont know anything... :gulp: I did order the IXL-12.2.2 already! :yay: Now its time to head to the wood supplier so I can start my "box"!

Oh yeah- how do I change the HPF to 18.7 hz?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts