Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Crown Xti and the I tech series have PEQ systems that require a computer hookup for maximum advantage. Only minimal access to eq through front panel settings.
The Crown CDi series... http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/139648.pdf ...includes PEQs, that are easily accessible with the free System Architect software. I have a CDi 2000...

...driving my DIY SW system. There are 8 PEQs per channel. My only complaint is that the lowest frequency setting is 20Hz.

I found it quite easy to click back and forth between REW and the EQ screen while I was EQing mine.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There are 8 PEQs per channel. My only complaint is that the lowest frequency setting is 20Hz.

Are there 8 PEQs per channel or 6? I have 6 in my Xti 4000.

I found it quite easy to click back and forth between REW and the EQ screen while I was EQing mine.
Are you using both the REW AND the System Architect at the same time?
You can center a PEQ @ 20HZ and use the expander function to create a flatter response curve below 20Hz.

What're you using for a sub?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Phil, yes I'm using both REW and System Architect. The former is the measuring system; the latter drives the amp's DSP system.

Using REW, I run a measurement curve and see the result. Then I switch to SA, change the EQ(s), then go back to REW to measure again to see the result of my tweaking. I guess it takes 15 - 30 seconds per cycle.

Yes, I've created a boost curve centered @ 20Hz that boosts frequencies below that.

Here is a blurb about my SSWs. http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...4-driver-diy-sws-using-soniccraft-sc300s.html

Here's what they looked like last week.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That makes 4 sealed enclosures with two 12" Sonic Craft drivers per box mounted in 2 separate boxes attached to the 2 x 6 wall studs? Was the drywall removed or are the boxes attached to the wall studs with the drywall in place?
You also mention buying two SVS PC Ultras . . . . . WOW! You gotcherself a load of stuff there.
Were you able to model your drivers in the enclosures with any software program IE: WinISD or BoxPlot? What displacement are the enclosures? They look big next your cockapoop.
Have you had a chance to hook up and listen to the Ultras with the CDi amp yet?

·
Registered
56 Posts
That makes 4 sealed enclosures with two 12" Sonic Craft drivers per box mounted in 2 separate boxes attached to the 2 x 6 wall studs? Yes.

Was the drywall removed No.

or are the boxes attached to the wall studs with the drywall in place? Yes.

You also mention buying two SVS PC Ultras . . . . . WOW! You gotcherself a load of stuff there. The SVS PC-Ultras are now sold and gone.

Were you able to model your drivers in the enclosures with any software program IE: WinISD or BoxPlot? No; never tried. I don't have full specs for the drivers; they're no longer available and the designer, Jeffrey Glowacki of Sonic Craft, never offered anything more than 3 - 4CF per driver (and with 2 drivers, closer to 6CF than 8), sealed box.

What displacement are the enclosures? They look big next your cockapoop. The interior volume of each sealed enclosure is just over 6CF. And yes they are indeed big at 65" wide and 35" wide.

Have you had a chance to hook up and listen to the Ultras with the CDi amp yet? No, wasn't even tempted since the PC-Us are powered.

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
Just out of curiosity why do you need an integrated amp/eq? I realize it is nice to have everything in one box, but if you are willing to get to separate units (amp and EQ) you would likely spend less and get more functionality/flexibility out of your purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts