Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got calibrated ECM8000 mike couple of months back from Cross-spectrum. I guess I need to go REW->Preferences->Preferences->Mic tab and point calibration file.

I have three narrow band, three one third octave and two polar response XL files. Which one do I need to browse to in calibration field of Mic tab?

I am starting compiling instructions to do bass ringing and water fall graphs for modal first. Please help me to get started on setting calibration file for Mike. Then I will do calibration for TASCAM 144 MKII

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I guess I can point to narrow_band_response_0_degree.frd that I got from cross spectrum. Since I am pointing microphone to ceiling, I am assuming 0 degrees is fine.

·
Super Moderator
9,235 Posts

Hey Will,

Taking measurements with 90° mic orientation using a calibration file that was generated with on-axis (0°) orientation, such as our generic file, will give results showing sagging response at highest frequencies. If you want to take 90° measurements, you should use a calibration file created the same way.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Hey Will,

Taking measurements with 90° mic orientation using a calibration file that was generated with on-axis (0°) orientation, such as our generic file, will give results showing sagging response at highest frequencies. If you want to take 90° measurements, you should use a calibration file created the same way.

Regards,
Wayne

Ah, I thought this was Wayne. Is there a Generic Cal file for 90 degree?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts