Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I use MakeMKV without fail. My files work well with my two OPPO's BDP-93 and the BDP-103.

In an effort to make streaming family friendly, I started using Plex server on my QNAP NAS to stream to our ROKU's. Surprisingly, BR streams fine, but ROKU demands DVD transcoding.

Now I'm looking for an efficient program to convert codecs as transcoding is taxing the QNAP processors.

Paul

·
Registered
78 Posts
To date, I have ripped my personal BD/DVD collection to mkv containers using MakeMKV, storing them on my NAS. I stream to my OPPO's, PC's, handhelds, and ROKU's through Plex server. I only rip the main feature to save space.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just want to confirm we are not talking about anything illegal here? A question, not a statement.
Depends, last I heard, the courts are having a hard time deciding what is legal. For example, Kaleidoscope rips your BD/DVD, but won't give it back without deleting the file. Ripping to your NAS or making a backup copy shouldn't be a problem as long as you have the original disc. My understanding is that illegal distribution is the industries main concern and rightly so.
Also... does anyone know a good answer for this: Do any of the free versions allow ripping of music from DVD and/or Blu-ray disc... into wave or flac files? OR... even a paid version?
I know MakeMKV does not...yet. It's been requested numerous times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts