Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I use DVDFab, and sometimes AnyDVD and I have never had that happen. Am I missing something here?
The free version of DVDFab, if I'm correct, puts a water mark on every rip: AnyDVD is not free and I was referring to blu-ray not DVD rips.

This only applies if you're making a 1:1 copy of a BD ripped and burned to a BD disc.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok... In your comment you said "Even if you copy the BD using a paid ripper you run the risk of the new BD encryption that, after @20 minutes, drops the audio and posts a message on your screen that you're viewing a 'copy'." . That is why I brought up about DVDFab and AnyDVD. I use both and I rip my Blurays with out the problem you stated. I rip to the best quality possible and only remove the extra bits... Trailers, menu etc. So are you saying it is only if ripped to a Blueray disc and not ripped to a HDD? Why would it make a difference whether it was a HDD or a Blueray disc?
This happens if you rip the entire disc - not if you rip just the movie etc. I only rip an entire disc ISO for 3D BD's to view on my PCH A400. You're using AnyDVD and/of DVDFab which removes the encryption but if you use (I know for sure AnyDVD) to rip and copy a BD and then use, for example, a PS3 to play the BD back you stand a good chance of getting the audio drop and the message. Most if not all (by now) BD player's been updated w/the new encryption tool. Not every movie uses/has the new 'watermark' but more and more are and that's when you'll get the issue.

Again, it's only if you're 'copying' 1:1 BD.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Isn't that the Cinavia protection?

I think if the rip is re-encoded Cinavia will be gone. Of course, re-encoding means picture/audio quality will not be original... Whether or not someone can tell the difference (or cares that much about it) is another matter.
Cinavia remains if you do a 1:1 copy. It's removed if you rip it into a different format (MKV, .ts, .m2ts)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts