Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
...Even if you copy the BD using a paid ripper you run the risk of the new BD encryption that, after @20 minutes, drops the audio and posts a message on your screen that you're viewing a 'copy'.
Isn't that the Cinavia protection?

...That is why I brought up about DVDFab and AnyDVD. I use both and I rip my Blurays with out the problem you stated. I rip to the best quality possible and only remove the extra bits... Trailers, menu etc. So are you saying it is only if ripped to a Blueray disc and not ripped to a HDD? Why would it make a difference whether it was a HDD or a Blueray disc?
I think if the rip is re-encoded Cinavia will be gone. Of course, re-encoding means picture/audio quality will not be original... Whether or not someone can tell the difference (or cares that much about it) is another matter.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do any of the free versions allow ripping of music from DVD and/or Blu-ray disc... into wave or flac files?
Like the audio track of a concert disc? Or just the score/songs portion off a film's audio track?

Don't know about the latter, but for concert DVDs (never done Blu-ray) I used to use DVDDecrypter in File Mode (I think it was) and select the tracks I wanted. I don't remember exactly, it's been a really long time since I last tried that. I didn't do that many either. I think there also might have been a step or two regarding DVDDecrypter settings that I've since forgotten. I think another way was with another long dead program, SmartRipper.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Cinavia remains if you do a 1:1 copy. It's removed if you rip it into a different format (MKV, .ts, .m2ts)
You mean convert/re-encode or just rip?
I was under the impression that if you rip a BD and just take the .m2ts movie file and play it, Cinavia would still be there...? I thought I read (don't remember) that even remuxing (w/o re-encoding) the .m2ts to .mkv would also leave Cinavia. No?
BTW, I don't have a player w/ Cinavia on it, so I can't test that.

Yes, the free version of DVDFab supports this. Click on Converter at the top then under Output on the left click the blue file icon, choose audio and select FLAC.
I did not know it did that, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts