Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I recently started using "Majic DVD copier".. I got it free from their website and I must tell you that it works great. I use it to make backup of the kids cartoon movies.. This way, I can keep the original in good shape while the "backup" copy gets all used till I need to make another copy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I use MakeMKV without fail. My files work well with my two OPPO's BDP-93 and the BDP-103.

In an effort to make streaming family friendly, I started using Plex server on my QNAP NAS to stream to our ROKU's. Surprisingly, BR streams fine, but ROKU demands DVD transcoding.

Now I'm looking for an efficient program to convert codecs as transcoding is taxing the QNAP processors.

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also think that you should first look elsewhere for a jittery file problem. If, for instance you are downloading a large file, while using your program, the file will be compromised. If you have a lot of programs running that hog cpu or memory, you will get a compromised file. I know that this isn't a computer forum, but maybe somewhere there is a forum where you could talk about how your computer is configured and what programs you have on it, and solve your problem.

I remember years ago, copying a "CD" while downloading to see what would happen and found a way to create "fingernails across the blackboard sounds". Yeah, really screechy.:yikes:

thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
There a no free Blu Ray rippers that will allow a rip to be done due to the BD Key's that lock the feature. Even if you copy the BD using a paid ripper you run the risk of the new BD encryption that, after @20 minutes, drops the audio and posts a message on your screen that you're viewing a 'copy'.
I use DVDFab, and sometimes AnyDVD and I have never had that happen. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I use DVDFab, and sometimes AnyDVD and I have never had that happen. Am I missing something here?
The free version of DVDFab, if I'm correct, puts a water mark on every rip: AnyDVD is not free and I was referring to blu-ray not DVD rips.

This only applies if you're making a 1:1 copy of a BD ripped and burned to a BD disc.

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
The free version of DVDFab, if I'm correct, puts a water mark on every rip: AnyDVD is not free and I was referring to blu-ray not DVD rips.

This only applies if you're making a 1:1 copy of a BD ripped and burned to a BD disc.
Ok... In your comment you said "Even if you copy the BD using a paid ripper you run the risk of the new BD encryption that, after @20 minutes, drops the audio and posts a message on your screen that you're viewing a 'copy'." . That is why I brought up about DVDFab and AnyDVD. I use both and I rip my Blurays with out the problem you stated. I rip to the best quality possible and only remove the extra bits... Trailers, menu etc. So are you saying it is only if ripped to a Blueray disc and not ripped to a HDD? Why would it make a difference whether it was a HDD or a Blueray disc?

·
Registered
78 Posts
To date, I have ripped my personal BD/DVD collection to mkv containers using MakeMKV, storing them on my NAS. I stream to my OPPO's, PC's, handhelds, and ROKU's through Plex server. I only rip the main feature to save space.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok... In your comment you said "Even if you copy the BD using a paid ripper you run the risk of the new BD encryption that, after @20 minutes, drops the audio and posts a message on your screen that you're viewing a 'copy'." . That is why I brought up about DVDFab and AnyDVD. I use both and I rip my Blurays with out the problem you stated. I rip to the best quality possible and only remove the extra bits... Trailers, menu etc. So are you saying it is only if ripped to a Blueray disc and not ripped to a HDD? Why would it make a difference whether it was a HDD or a Blueray disc?
This happens if you rip the entire disc - not if you rip just the movie etc. I only rip an entire disc ISO for 3D BD's to view on my PCH A400. You're using AnyDVD and/of DVDFab which removes the encryption but if you use (I know for sure AnyDVD) to rip and copy a BD and then use, for example, a PS3 to play the BD back you stand a good chance of getting the audio drop and the message. Most if not all (by now) BD player's been updated w/the new encryption tool. Not every movie uses/has the new 'watermark' but more and more are and that's when you'll get the issue.

Again, it's only if you're 'copying' 1:1 BD.

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
This happens if you rip the entire disc - not if you rip just the movie etc. I only rip an entire disc ISO for 3D BD's to view on my PCH A400. You're using AnyDVD and/of DVDFab which removes the encryption but if you use (I know for sure AnyDVD) to rip and copy a BD and then use, for example, a PS3 to play the BD back you stand a good chance of getting the audio drop and the message. Most if not all (by now) BD player's been updated w/the new encryption tool. Not every movie uses/has the new 'watermark' but more and more are and that's when you'll get the issue.

Again, it's only if you're 'copying' 1:1 BD.
Ooh... Now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up. :T

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I just want to confirm we are not talking about anything illegal here? A question, not a statement.

Also... does anyone know a good answer for this:

Do any of the free versions allow ripping of music from DVD and/or Blu-ray disc... into wave or flac files?

OR... even a paid version?

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
I just want to confirm we are not talking about anything illegal here? A question, not a statement.

Also... does anyone know a good answer for this:

Do any of the free versions allow ripping of music from DVD and/or Blu-ray disc... into wave or flac files?

OR... even a paid version?
Nope... Just my personal collection being ripped for my personal use. :T

21 - 40 of 52 Posts