Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just as an update, I've since heard the Denon DN-HP1000s. In my opinion they are superior headphones to the ATH-M50s, no questions asked.
Interesting! Good advertised freq. response, closed back, affordable price. I just might have to pick up a pair and see for myself although some of the complaints about being easily broken would concern me a bit. I'm really leaning towards another pair of 701/702. The AKG-701 was the best sounding *speaker* I've ever heard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love headphones!

At home I use Beyerdynamic DT880/600 ohm for vinyl, DT990/600 for digital (I use these 90% of the time, LOVE them!).
For my Macbook I use B&W P5's and the B&W C5's w/ the iphone. Wifey loves the Klipsch S4i's and I frequently use the Monster Beats by Dre (which get very unfair reviews but are very fun to listen to) with my work laptop.

I'm using a Benchmark DAC Pre1 and just ordered a Woo Audio Wa2.

EDIT - just realized this is my 1st post, even though I have been a member since November :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just added a Westone 4R with a Moon Audio IEM Silver Dragon Cable
Just ordered a Westone ES5 IEM

(now using the ibasso DX100 DAP)

Sennheiser HD-800
Sennheiser HD-25-1 ii balanced/singled ended
Beyerdynamic DT-1350 balanced/singled ended
ATH-ESW10JPN

Edit: on 5/23/2012 added a ALO Rx Mk3 balanced amp to the DX100 line out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use V-MODA Crossfade LP Headphones in Gunmetal black, and everybody always compliments how great they look, but the sound is equally impressive. Despite their name and brand, they are not just a marketing gimmick like the beats by Dre headphones and the bass and midrange have great clarity without being over-pronounced. Another thing that really won me over was the memory foam ear cushions- comfort goes a long way when you have headphones on for any longer periods of time..

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just picked up some Klipsch X10 headphones. Wow are they very clear and accurate sounding to me. Extremely comfortable too.

·
Registered
490 Posts
i dont typically use headphone never cared for them much.i do own a set of grado sr80 i headphones.they are decent i guess.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I agree. I've never much liked headphones. The impression of sound coming from between my ears has always felt creepy to me.

I gave a pair of Stax esl phones to a buddy. He has a neighbor who has a problem with any kind of noise and uses them a lot.

I bought some Grado SR-60i's for when I was undergoing radiation and chemotherapy. The stock cushions were extremely uncomfortable. I replaced them with some yellow Sennheisers. They're more comfortable than the Grado donut replacements and cost less. Amazon carries them.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
When I was in the Military in the late 70s I purchased a pair of Audia Technicas (ATH7) that had a box which connected to your speaker jacks. I hooked them up to my Yamaha Receiver (I believe I was running them off the "class A' mode) and they were the best I have heard to date. I never should have sold them!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still use my old Yamaha HD1 Orthodynamics.
Main use is when travelling or camping. They still sound great but are relatively inefficient, so I've just bought the O2 Headphone amp from JDS Labs and very pleased with the matchup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HD558 - Non-fatiguing affordable smooth sound.
KSC-75 - Portable, Jogging, Grado like sound, fun and incredible value.
HD202 - OK though a bit bass heavy and muffled. Like them for movies though.

41 - 60 of 140 Posts