Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 80 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sony MDR-XB500 most of the time - I love the deep, punchy bass and they are super comfortable
AKG K 701 when I am mastering music for headphones
Grado SR125i when I feel the need to hear maximum detail

·
Registered
4 Posts
AKG K 601, a shame they're canceled. Using EQ to polish away inadequacies.

Impossible to break unless you're an elephant. I once stepped on them in the dark, all it did was break one of those plastic things that I guess are supposed to increase clamp or something. No noticeable impact.

Elasticity > rigidity.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My current headphones are Sennheiser CX400 II's but I also have a pair of Sennheiser HD485 's as a back up in case something happens to the CX 400 II's.[better to be safe than sorry as they say]

·
Registered
658 Posts
Audio Technica ATH-AD700s. I only use them for counterstrike :)
I'm still using the same headphones, and still playing the same old game. I hardly ever play anymore though :(

I've had a few other pairs of headphones in and out of my hands, but they were all cheaper and much less comfortable than the AD700s.

I don't know the model number, but I am using some cheap JVC iems at work. I also have some moshi vortex pro iems for flights or whatever.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Sony MDR-V6.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I primarily use Denon AH-D5000 headphones. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 650, but I prefer the Denon's bass response. I can wear these all day without fatigue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
B&W P5's and UE TripleFi 10's. Love them both for there pro's & cons. B&W sound I love and I'm close to pulling the trigger on some CM 8's.

·
Senior Shackster
701 Posts
I ended up upgrading my headphones to Beyerdynamic T90's. Extremely happy! These things are just amazing for music listening. A new tube amp is on the way also - the Schiit Vali.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have a pretty good collection of headphones going:

AKG K-550
Denon AHD-2000
Audio Technica ATH M-50
Grado SR125i
Grado RS1i

And for IEMs I have Westone W4's, want to get some customs if I can decide on a pair.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I've got two pair in rotation right now.

Bose notice canceling over ear for flights (on loan to my wife for studying at school)

and

A pair of Grado sr80 i use for in home listening. They have a decent bass response and are open back so I can listen to what I want an still carry on a conversation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a pair of JVC Xtreme Xplosivs, for the price they're pretty good, to me they sound great (never used any high end headphones) and the bass response is awesome. Songs that shake my living room with the sub actually vibrate your head. The low end you can't hear is still there vibrating away. Not bad for $30 CND.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I hope to budget for some Shure se 846's later in the year first set of iem's IMO that get bass and sub bass correct and i have been spoiled after listening to a friends.

61 - 80 of 140 Posts