Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I use UltraSone 580's as my goto cans when I'm at work or getting some coding done.

I have a pair of Beats Solo HDs, upstairs near the bed for late night listening on my tablet without disturbing the wife. Plus they are small enough I can hang them off the headboard without to much fuss.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
My mother-in-law gave me a bunch of money a couple years ago for my birthday and Christmas.
I bought HD 600 earphones and I use them all the time for later evening TV and music.
I love those headphones.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
chashint, I had the Senn HD-650s before I got the Oppo PM-1 and the PM-1 improves on every single aspect of sonics over the HD-650s! Yeah they are quite a bit more expensive, but they are one of the best headphones I've heard to date. Not to mention, they feel, and look incredible.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I am very open to the notion there are better headphones out there than the HD 600's.
Probably less open to the notion of buying them.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
The Oppo PM-1s are the cleanest, most revealing phones I have ever placed on my head.
I looked at those briefly when shopping for some cans. Just a little rich for my taste at the time. Reviews seem to be universally positive. They definitely go above and beyond with the packaging on the PM-1's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am using several pairs of cans for different purposes:

• BeyerDynamic 880 Studio (20+ years old, 600 Ohms, open or semi-open): for listening to music, when I find time to do so. Very HQ phones, which I prefer for classical and jazz music
  • BeyerDynamic 770 (250 Ohms, closed): for listening, when I need hard stuff with heavy bass at near ear bleeding levels - which happens occassionally
  • Stax SR40 (with simple SRD-4 adaptor, driven by a separate T-amp): just close-by at one of my stereo set-ups. Quite relaxing sound, very clear, but a bit light on bass
  • Koss PortaPro (15 years old, open): while travelling. I haven't found anything better in such a small form factor at a price tag anywhere that affordable
  • Sony MDR-ZX600 (closed): mainly for portable use while filming or travelling, but simply less resolution, than even the lowly Koss Porta Pro and not anywhere comparable to the rest of the bunch.
My dearest headphones are clearly the DT-880 Studios, but the 770 is very remarkable, given its low price.

101 - 120 of 142 Posts