3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My room is 20m2 and I want to build the sub for both music and cinema
Please advice the driver and design for this around 500$
Thank very much

·
Registered
746 Posts
I put together an EP2500 amplifier, DIY Cable Tempest-X 15" sub and a DIY sealed 6.2cu.ft. box for $520.
I like it.
There are many options.

How much room do you have?(how big can enclosure be?)
How big and what are the dimensions of your room?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi EAGLES,
My room (W X D X H) = 3m x 6,3m x 3.3m
I think the sub with enclosure medium size match my room, I love deep bass but excellent resolution for both music and cinema. There are many choice such as: RL-P18 SoundSplinter, IXL-18.2.2 March5Audio, Tempest-X ExodusAudio..etc and I am newbie, I don't know which according to me, please advice me, thank

I put together an EP2500 amplifier, DIY Cable Tempest-X 15" sub and a DIY sealed 6.2cu.ft. box for $520.
I like it.
There are many options.

How much room do you have?(how big can enclosure be?)
How big and what are the dimensions of your room?

·
Registered
746 Posts
That is a decent sized room...any of those drivers with enough power will be nice.
The tempest-X being the least expensive is nice...the other two are beasts.
If you can stretch for those another two options would be the CSS SDX-15 and the DIY Cable 18" Maelstrom-X.

Almost any good driver in a properly designed enclosure for HT will also excel at music.

Will you be building your own enclosure?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
When you have the space, a large and low tuned ported subwoofer using a capable driver will yield the most balanced performance vs other alignments when the goals are deep extension, linear frequency response, and clean headroom.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yup, my wrist was in a cast when Ibuilt my sealed and it is just healing really now...so soon I will be building a ~13cu ft ported enclosure for the tempest-x.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts