Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the typical convergence issue with my 5 year old Hitachi 51F500A RPTV. I have read each and every post in the Convergence thread including reading the first 10 posts twice. I am trying to figure out which kit would be appropriate for this model. The chassis is a DP23 and I saw a statement that Hitachi does not have a kit for this chassis. The service manual is also slightly hard to follow because the manual for this particular model is an addendum to another addendum which refers to the manual for the 51UWX20B/53UWX20B which Hitachi says is the same except for the differences in the addendums (doh!).

It appears from another post that I can order any of the kits and just pick the resistors that match the currently installed resistors. Is that correct? Can I safely order the X480293 kit and will the resistors I need be included? I have the schematic and it has the values on it if anyone knows what comes in the kits. I believe the STK394-160s will be in the kit regardless but what about the correct resistors? I can't find a list of what's included in the kits at any of the recommended vendors.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I do not know which resistors you will need. When you test them and look at them with the chips out and the leads to the yokes disconnected you will know. You can look at the PDFs that I have for the kits and see which resistors they have, then you can compare to what you need. All of the kits have the same ICs, so you can use any of them and even if they do not have the correct resistors, you can buy them seperately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts