Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI guys,

The live.com 30% cashback is active until Monday I think, and I want to take advantage of some deals before its too late...

I am definitely picking up an an EP2500 plus a sub or two...

eD has a black friday sale going on for their eD 13Av.2 for ~$225 shipped.

they also have the 19Ov.2 for ~$170 shipped.

Or Robot Underground on their ebay store has their version of the TC-3000 for $319 -30% = $223 +$107 shipping = $330.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220286955233 eBay item #220286955233

I am considering building two subs or 2 woofers in the same enclosure for a dedicaed HT room. Any thoughts on what might make the funnest build? The room is ~15' x 17' x 8'6" high.

·
Elite Shackster
1,506 Posts
I don't know about that TC-3000. None of the pictures are consistent and the magnet in the pic of the actual unit looks a lot smaller than the TC Sounds stock pictures he has on there. I'd email him and ask where they came from and how he re-designed them before you buy. Make sure you can get T/S parameters from them as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Option 3 seems to be the wild card...so that's the one i pick:nerd:
I know, I am a risk taker too...'cause if it turns out to be comparable in performance to a TC sounds 3000 or an Adiopulse Axis, I will be one happy puppy!!!

Is there a reason I don't see more Audiopulse DIY builds? Is the high driver cost the main issue?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm one who almost bought from Robot Underground. I happened to run across a used TC Sounds 3000 15" sub a week ago on Ebay and won the bid ($295, after ebay 10% discount and including shipping). It will go in a sealed 3.75cf enclousure and powered with ED LT1300 plate amp. Hopefully I'll have it installed and show pics by the end of the week. As for Robot Underground, they told me that they use original parts (new) and that they meet TC Sounds specs (they can custom build a sub, I was told). Email them and find out as much info as posible.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got an email from Patrick at Robot Underground that states

The only thing different about these motors is that they don't have a faraday ring, which is needed to offset the problems induced by the aluminum flat wound coil. We use round, copper wire voice coils, though we do have some flatwound if that's what you want.

See attached for a pic of the 3hp motor.

18's are ready though we're waiting on cones right now, they're about 2 weeks out.

They're only $550 shipped to Canada and you get the neo upgrade.
Hmmm...18"interesting...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I've heard a bit of both about the Robot Underground stuff. Their Franken drivers could be great, or they could be bad. No TSP's is a concern. You don't know what kind of enclosure the drivers are suited for. Sealed would be the default for a driver of which the specs are unknown. If you are pushing the budget up to $330 there are a lot of options with drivers that are known quantity's. What size limits do you have for the enclosure? Did you want ported or sealed?

You could get a single IXL18, or Fi Q18

You could get 2 Mach5 MJ18M's for about $330. I'd have to think that they would be fun in a dual opposed sealed cab. Or you could go for a pair ported.

A pair of Dayton RS 15's would be nice too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts