Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
would be nice to see some vintage 15" subwoofers (amplified) tested and compared to anything new or old, I have a fairly large listening area and probably need something big and powerful to fullfill my listening pleasure

A

·
0 Posts
Wow! What a great forum (I'm new)! Lots of us are looking for subs to supplement our Maggies (mine is a 20.1). I have tried various boxes REL, ACI, Paradigm), but I'd like to investigate a tall multi-driver, open baffle approach. The Linkwitz Orion comes closest. Any plans to test these? Other OB designs?

D

·
0 Posts
Hey, well everyone in the UK seems to be buying Quad L-ite packages, due to them selling for £500 (orginally £1000) and that the sub still sells seperatly for £550 on its own!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Quad L-ite sub (I paid £200) and I would like to see what the pros think :devil:

J

·
0 Posts
Magnat quantum 730 or 932 from mareks.fi

or any Canton 12" subs for us europeans
thank you for all your work with the sub's...

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I'd really like to see some of Seaton's subs measured. For as long as he spent developing them, the claims he has made, and his criptic criticisms of what he feels are not "optimized" designs by others, they better be something special. I'd see no downside to him shipping you one for free either if they actually perform well, as the free promotion would make up for the shipping in new sales. If they aren't so hot, then we probably won't see any reach Ilkka's hands :whistling:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Illka,

I was wondering if you could give those of us patiently waiting for the next round of tests an update? Maybe an estimate as to when the tests will start and a list of the subwoofers that are confirmed as part of the tests thus far and maybe the possible subs that are still not confirmed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I second the new HSU ULS-15 sub with it's wireless feature. HSU appears to be stalling on max SPL numbers therefore they must be low but would love to see extension and distortion numbers. It's designer, size, and wireless feature make this an intriquing sub.

·
Registered
125 Posts
elemental designs 13av.2 in 2.5cf sealed to compare to jl's fathom. probably would come up short as JL's amp is pretty sweet. I'd also like to see this driver in 4.5cf tuned to 15hz.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Future testing wish list...

1. Seaton Submersive
2. JTR Captivator
3. Danley Sound Labs DTS-20
4. Danley Sound Labs TH-50.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Id be interested to see mine tested, there are some easy to find results already but you can never have to many tests.

Out of interest, plus poor navigational skills due to being a new member, where is the thread for results.

edit: found them :duh:, now to get a grip of all the different graphs.

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Illka,

I was wondering if you could give those of us patiently waiting for the next round of tests an update? Maybe an estimate as to when the tests will start and a list of the subwoofers that are confirmed as part of the tests thus far and maybe the possible subs that are still not confirmed?
At this moment I can only say that there will be a next round this fall. :)

Future testing wish list...

1. Seaton Submersive
2. JTR Captivator
3. Danley Sound Labs DTS-20
4. Danley Sound Labs TH-50.
Definitely an interesting list. The problem is how to get them to this side of the planet...

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Hello,

I second the new HSU ULS-15 sub with it's wireless feature. HSU appears to be stalling on max SPL numbers therefore they must be low but would love to see extension and distortion numbers. It's designer, size, and wireless feature make this an intriquing sub.
I have tried to acquire this new HSU sub but for some reason they seem reluctant. I offered to pay the full price but still no luck.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
At this moment I can only say that there will be a next round this fall. :)

Playing it close to the vest huh? :bigsmile:

Definitely an interesting list. The problem is how to get them to this side of the planet...
I know...That's why I said it was a wish list:praying::innocent::praying:. I just don't understand why it's so expensive to get these giant 100lb+ SW's transported around the globe:gah:?

Even if you only tested small name brand subs like JBL, Polk, etc this time...I'll still eat up the test results regardless. I do hope you have one or 2 good surprise's for us though!

221 - 240 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.