Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 269 Posts

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I just picked an ACI Maestro. It blows away the Velodyne ULD-15 I had before. I'd like to see how it stacks up to the competition.
I too would like to test it and also other ACI subwoofers. Actually I already asked Mike if he would be interested in participating...well you already know the answer now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hy everybody. I am new here. Has enyone tested Sony sub SA-WX900. I know it has a Sony name on it, but it is an X series speaker, and all i heard was just extremely good reviews. Everybody is impressed, so i wounder what would test look like.By the way, i have bought one, but it is still sealed in the box couse it is for my new house and that series is getting out of production. I can`t buy SVS, Monolith or HSU in Croatia so i think it is a very close match, if not better.

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Hy everybody. I am new here. Has enyone tested Sony sub SA-WX900. I know it has a Sony name on it, but it is an X series speaker, and all i heard was just extremely good reviews. Everybody is impressed, so i wounder what would test look like.By the way, i have bought one, but it is still sealed in the box couse it is for my new house and that series is getting out of production. I can`t buy SVS, Monolith or HSU in Croatia so i think it is a very close match, if not better.
Hi!

I already asked Sony, but unfortunately I didn't even get an answer. Usually these big companies are very unwilling to loan their subwoofers. And at this time I don't know anyone who owns this particular subwoofer. But I'll see if I can find one. :)

A

·
0 Posts
Re: Which subwoofers would you like to see tested?

Maybe a bit too late, but I would like to see my own tested: Revel B15a, just to check out how it would fare against the lateste offerings. It's a sealed box, with 3 band PEQ, with a very good crossover, making it a easy integration.

Plus, it packs a hefty punch from 20 Hz. A nice feature I also use, is the low freq boost that may be selected via 12v trigger, which in combination with my TAG AV32rDP processor, makes it possible, in an automatic way, to have a bigger punch for DVD/TV viewing, and a flatter response for CD/radio/vinyl listening.

Luís
I'm shopping and the Revel B15 is pretty high on my list. I'd love to hear the new SVS PB13-Ultra.

How well do you like the Revel? How long have you had it?...joe

C

·
0 Posts
I think next in line are SDX15 and LMS5400. I'm waiting for those. :boxer:
is there any timeframe on this? I'm really interested to see the results from the SDX15.

It actually models a tab better than the tc2000 with 270L box @ 16hz but real world performance may be something a bit different... especially with distortion.

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
is there any timeframe on this? I'm really interested to see the results from the SDX15.

It actually models a tab better than the tc2000 with 270L box @ 16hz but real world performance may be something a bit different... especially with distortion.
No accurate timeframe yet but somewhere around late September would be my best guess.

Though I already have two SDX15 drivers here so I can take some free air measurements (frequency response and distortion) before that.

C

·
0 Posts
No accurate timeframe yet but somewhere around late September would be my best guess.

Though I already have two SDX15 drivers here so I can take some free air measurements (frequency response and distortion) before that.
That would be extremely awesome if you could get some prelim, free air numbers up :bigsmile:

Many Thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Hello Ilkka,
I would like to have information on the new BK xls300. I was very much impressed by your review of the Monolith (speed and low thd). I almost decided to buy it for a tall room (40 to 50 sq meters). As I am a music listener, i am also interested with a closed sub. will the xls 300 be sufficient for my room ?
Thanks for all you learn us !
Regards

101 - 120 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.