Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 269 Posts

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Hello Ilkka,
I would like to have information on the new BK xls300. I was very much impressed by your review of the Monolith (speed and low thd). I almost decided to buy it for a tall room (40 to 50 sq meters). As I am a music listener, i am also interested with a closed sub. will the xls 300 be sufficient for my room ?
Thanks for all you learn us !
Regards
Hi,

The BK XLR300/PR is a passive radiator subwoofer (similar to ported but with passive radiators), not a sealed subwoofer. First units have just arrived to Finland. I should have more information about it soon, maybe even full measurements.

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #123

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
1 vote for the Rhythmik 15" servo kit. The 12" kit did really well and I'd like to see what the 15" kit offers over it in performance.

T

·
0 Posts
Anything by the "new revolution" ED or Epik would be great. The HSU VTF1 would be nice.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'd like to see the Rythmik sub tested with different settings - same sub tested, just set to 20 Hz low damping - a better fit to HT and better for comparing to the other subs, esp. with distortion.

I'd also like to see AE speakers AV12 tested. A great bang for buck sub for HT.

I'm a little surprised not to see Shiva, Tempest or Avalanche DIY subs!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I wonder if some testing could be done to A/D/S (Analog and Digital systems) I have a sub from them (MS3) that I bought 15 years ago and am still happy with it even though it was built for Music not Home theater use as they simply were not common then.

J

·
0 Posts
Paradigm. They just released the DSP series which I believe replaces one or two of their other lines of subs. And they completely redid the PDR series.

- Jasen.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't know if this has been mentioned in previous posts or not, but I would like to see the actual db difference with running one sub (PB13/other) compared to running duals (2 x PB13/other). I've heard a lot of people mention that you'd only see roughly 6 db difference, but I'd like to see someone actually test this theory out. Or a link to the results if it's already been done.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I don't know if this has been mentioned in previous posts or not, but I would like to see the actual db difference with running one sub (PB13/other) compared to running duals (2 x PB13/other). I've heard a lot of people mention that you'd only see roughly 6 db difference, but I'd like to see someone actually test this theory out. Or a link to the results if it's already been done.
those people would be correct.

AVTALK has done tests on dual CHT-R's compared to single CHT-R's

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
As Mike said those people would be correct, but more importantly than gaining more output is the fact that with proper placement and set up you will have a much better room response due to the nature of the waves and how they interact with each other.

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Anything by the "new revolution" ED or Epik would be great.
Yes, both have really interesting new products. Unfortunately neither of them currently ships over seas. Also Epik's amplifiers are not 230V compatible.

Let's hope for a change. :)

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I'd like to see the Rythmik sub tested with different settings - same sub tested, just set to 20 Hz low damping - a better fit to HT and better for comparing to the other subs, esp. with distortion.
Unfortunately I don't have that unit in my possession anymore, but I'll see what I can do. I did measure the frequency response using every possible setting (will post them soon) but not distortion.

20 Hz/low damping doesn't yet change the frequency response much. Only around 1 dB down at 20 Hz and 2 dB down at 10 Hz. I would recommend 28 Hz/low or 28 Hz/mid for a larger difference.

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I wonder if some testing could be done to A/D/S (Analog and Digital systems) I have a sub from them (MS3) that I bought 15 years ago and am still happy with it even though it was built for Music not Home theater use as they simply were not common then.
Sorry but I couldn't find a Finnish importer for A/D/S so it's pretty difficult to test them unless they agree to send me one directly from the factory. I can always ask though...

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I have tested it indoors but not outdoors. It's actually quite trivial question. There's no doubt that the difference wouldn't be 6 dB when located near to each other (preferably no more than 1/4-1/3 wavelength of the crossover frequency, meaning ~1m/3-4' when using 80 Hz crossover).

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
As Mike said those people would be correct, but more importantly than gaining more output is the fact that with proper placement and set up you will have a much better room response due to the nature of the waves and how they interact with each other.
Actually it's not given that two non co-located subwoofers would always give a flatter FR. Depending of the room acoustics, getting a flatter FR may/will require some heavy subwoofer workout and also accurate measurements. :flex:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Would it be possible to get some testing done on a SVS PC-16-46+.

I know many people have these because they wanted a bottom feeder with port area to boot....but I cannot find testing done ANYWHERE....especially by someone like you! I think I've read most every test and post you have out there....I'm a guy with a lot of respect for what you do.

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
651 Posts
Would it be possible to get some testing done on a SVS PC-16-46+.

I know many people have these because they wanted a bottom feeder with port area to boot....but I cannot find testing done ANYWHERE....especially by someone like you! I think I've read most every test and post you have out there....I'm a guy with a lot of respect for what you do.

Thanks

Brad
AFAIK, the 16-46 is not available in 220v which is why ilkka or avtalk hasn't been able to test them.

I don't know if SVS has finally been able to get a 220v 16-46 ready now with their new CE certification

121 - 140 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.