Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post/thread here, although I'm a long time AVS member. I've searched a lot, but not found really what I'm looking for. What I really want is the brightest (highest gain) white screen with out the obvious problems of hot spotting, grain, impossible to paint evenly, etc...

Right now I have Valspar's bright white (ultra white maybe?) in flat on my 126" screen.

This is a dedicated room with no ambient light, dark walls, ceiling, floor. IMO, there's no need for any kind of grey screen.

So is there a better choice than the Valspar I have now (that would provide higher brightness, more gain)??

Some of the paints I've run across in other threads are Behr UPW 1850, the SW white enamel satin (made famous by PC), etc... But no clear winner among those or if there is a pearl type additive that would increase gain without causing problems.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that is the highest RGB values I've seen. I found several of those tests searching, but missed that one. I'll try to get some and test it against what I have now. Report back as to whether it really appears any whiter/brighter. Looks like about my only source in town are some Ace Hardware stores (at least according to the BM site).

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Ben Moore is good paint as well, way less clumpy/chunky than most(Especially Behr...ugggggh).
Just a better quality paint, worth the xtra $ IMO....

I used to paint for a living, and the 1st Black Widow stuff that Mech/WB came up with was a different brand....I strayed and used BM paint...because it's BETTER paint IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts