Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I exported the Pink PN wav file from the generator at 48hz and 65536 length and I imported it into Cubase so that I could play it in Cubase and then use REW RTA to make subtle adjustments to my system. I use a plugin called ApQualizer which has a spectrum analyzer. I turned it on and saw this:

The blue waveform is the pink pn's freq spectrum. Shouldn't it be straight across? Why is it slanted lol?

Is there something I did incorrectly during the import/export of the wav? Is Cubase or this ApQualizer plugin to blame? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Looks like you have your PC out of level, you need to fix that :rofl:

Sorry just had to say something, LOL I hope someone will chime in soon who know whats going on as I have no experience with Cubase.

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
Pink Periodic Noise has the full spectral content across a period, which for the setting you exported is 64k samples. If apQualizer has a 64k FFT setting you would get a flat line, provided apQualizer is not applying a window to the data. If it has a setting for FFT window shape select 'flat' or 'rectangular', otherwise the window would distort the spectrum. On a spectrum plot the line would slope down at 10dB per decade, on an RTA plot it would be horizontal.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like you have your PC out of level, you need to fix that :rofl:
Haha yeah I put some pegs under the right side of my PC and its fixed!! :R

I dont see those options in ApQualizr but there must be something going on there bcz Voxengo Gliss EQ's spectrum analyzer IS showing the pink pn as flat. Go figure...I'm just gonna run with it.

Anyways thanks for the info and the chuckle lol!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts