Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like all the movies it's always San Francisco getting destroyed or in some kind of catastrophe.

The new movie coming up San Andreas. King Kong, Monsters Vs. Aliens... the list goes on and on.

Could almost be a game.... what movie is the golden gate in jeopardy lol

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Yeah King Kong is New York. I'd hate to see us all fall of the edge of New York! Demographics aside, northern Cali is one of the most beautiful places around. Maybe that's why. I just watched rise/dawn of the apes again yesterday. Half of the landscape is CG, but still amazing.
That's quite a list of movies too.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I will miss old Spock hanging around giving tidbits of sage advice.
Vulcan was destroyed in the alt-verse, so this isn't too far off-topic (well okay, it's a stretch)...
My favorite sage advice from Spock is: "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I think this is one of those fun/funny threads where just about anything goes.

With all of the old Godzilla movies and the spin off monsters I am surprised Tokyo is not higher up the list.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I don't know why I was taught from birth to hate New York but that was the way it used to roll in this part of the country.
Then the Dallas Cowboys and later on the Texas Rangers showed up and the New York thingy was just got worse (humm maybe better).
Seeing New York City at #1 and Washington DC at #3 on the destruction list sorta makes me feel kinda warm and fuzzy inside.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts