Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Wicken Darrow, I usually go by Space Artisan in the internet. I am 23 years old, foreign citizen of Bulgaria at the moment. I specialize at AC/DC and software engineering, small to large projects management and financial diagnostics. I believe I am growing to become an entrepreneur if not anything more. :)
Since I discovered the real definition of modern music I have been leaning towards being an audiophile, though due to tough life having no parents until two years ago I couldn't do much more than enjoy my Eacan PC monitor speakers with their subwoofer, for the record they total 160w RMS. I couldn't reach long listening session due to the limited quality on the system, however all that changed when I found a dumped PA 12" sub which I got to modify myself altering the suspension and magnet strength after the renovation procedure. From 60 - 5 000 Hz range, the final result was a flat to 30 Hz response at the expense of 12 - 18 decibels in the mid and upper range. A few months later I decided it just wasn't enough and I started looking for a way to make myself a really strong yet musically accurate system. In order to minimize expenses I was ready to dive into loudspeaker construction, amplifier circuitry and all that is required to have a system that people won't easily forget! In order to do that I have decided that the best remedy is to fetch the best from vintage to this date and combine it for ultimate performance. And so I have! All the main components of an authentic 8 000 watts RMS system are at my place already! I guess the real fun begins with building the boxes, circuits and of course teasing it all. :)

My musical preference consists mostly of actual compositions of new electronic music, that will include Dubstep, DnB, Rock, Metal but most certainly not EDM and not anything of the mainstream commercials or material that has no clear composition what so ever. That odd my taste is. On top of all that it seems only suitable for me to also dive into recording, mastering and production of music, Drum and Bass mostly anyway.

I had joined a few other boards which offer a mutual ground for the DIY builder but with regret I feel surrounded by people who do mostly car audio and SPL competitions which surely voids half of my goal as I am aiming towards sound quality as well as sound pressure level.
I hope Home Theater Shack will present a point of balance at least, if not an all-new home for my intelligence.

I'll be further mending myself from the flu I got recently, thinking how I can best incorporate my project into the HTS forums and be a valuable member of the Community.
Cheers everyone, W. Darrow.
:hsd:

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,329 Posts
Welcome to HTS Wicken. Seems like you are quite handy, which is always a good start for someone interested in DIY. Hope you enjoy HTS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts