Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I'm slightly nervous, my wife has been having pain in her side for the last few days (she'd been puking and showing flu symptoms so we thought that it was just the fun of the being sick) and today she went in to the doc for pain killers and he diagnosed that she either has a blockage in her appendix (meaning of course the fun removal) or an ovarian cyst. still waiting back for final results from the CTscan ... neither of us have ever been to the dr. for more than the standard flu and checkups so it's a bit nerve wracking to start discussing whether it's a simple appendix or they fully cut her open ...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Scarry stuff but at least you're already being seen and tests are underway. Better to catch it early than when it turns into something worse. Hang in there, you need to be strong for her. I know she is the one who needs a lot of support right now.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Your in my thoughts and prayers Mike. Chin-up things will be alright :)

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I am truly sorry for the pain your wife is going through. Sending good Karma y'alls way.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, small update. got word back that the appendix is the issue and it hasn't burst YET, so they're rushing her into surgery soon and it'll be done in a few hours, luckily the minor one of the two.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
ok, small update. got word back that the appendix is the issue and it hasn't burst YET, so they're rushing her into surgery soon and it'll be done in a few hours, luckily the minor one of the two.
This is good to hear, I also wish your wife an uneventful time in surgery and a fast recovery :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
At least now you know and they caught it before it ruptured. I think it is a pretty standard procedure these days. Still a prayer for a quick recovery.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, appendectomy went well last night, standard procedure and fairly standard recovery time, they think they'll let her go this afternoon. according to the doctor the appendix was so infected they said they would have been surprised if it hadn't burst by this afternoon or tomorrow morning if we hadn't got to it yesterday evening

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
well, appendectomy went well last night, standard procedure and fairly standard recovery time, they think they'll let her go this afternoon. according to the doctor the appendix was so infected they said they would have been surprised if it hadn't burst by this afternoon or tomorrow morning if we hadn't got to it yesterday evening
Glad to hear it. All is well that ends well.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Very happy to hear of the end result. Hoping for a speedy and complication free recovry!

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Maybe now you can help me???

Is this the one where she has to eat ice cream for a week..., or is it the one where she cannot even pick up after herself, meaning she cannot even touch a dirty dish for fear of infection and definately no vacuuming even with hepa filters again infection. Oh I know I think this is the one where she needs fresh flowers every two weeks or as needed for a month.

Let me know will ya???? I am happy to hear we can kid a little on this one. I am serious about which one it is though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts