Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you know how Audyssey will affect the low end response of a sealed sub? Will it flatten things out with boost where needed similar to what a stand alone EQ or a LT circuit would do?

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,382 Posts
Which version of Audyssey does your receiver have? Only certain versions work with the subwoofer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an Onkyo TX-NR808 which happened to die on new years eve. :paddle: It has MultEQ.
I just re-read Audyssey's own explanation of how MultEQ works and it sound like I found the answer to my own question. Audyssey works in a similar fashion as a Linkwitz Transform circuit in that it applies a mirrored opposite waveform to the actual recorded waveform during the setup to basically even the two of them out.
It would seem that with their description and the multiple posts I've seen regarding how Audyssey will boost very low frequencies going to any subwoofer, despite its limitations, in an effort for a nice smooth FR, I am hoping I'll be safe without any outboard processing and/or EQ for the time being.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Correct, but topping off is easy, while filling a null only works up to a point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.