Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking at a second hand xp3060 but only plan to use it like an xp2040 (ie stereo, with sub out)
Does anyone know if this will work with the rew software?
Thanks
Guy

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Yes, both units include the same PEQ filter parameters. REW will use these same filter possibilities when it calculates a filter set suggestion in the REW EQ window. You will then need to load the suggested filter settings manually into the Xilica.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Good to know as I calibrated with the MiniDSP, and then got the XP4080, and just copied the settings over.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Ron,
I don't know how similar the PEQ filter choices are between a MiniDSP and an Xilica. They are likely at least slightly different. My guess would be that any differences are trivial. If there were differences the Xilica would probable just shift the entered MiniDSP values into the nearest freq and Q values available in the Xilica.

The OP's question was for just using 2 different models of Xilica. The only difference there is they have a different number of inputs and outputs. In that case the filter setting choices are identical.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Ron,
I don't know how similar the PEQ filter choices are between a MiniDSP and an Xilica. They are likely at least slightly different. My guess would be that any differences are trivial. If there were differences the Xilica would probable just shift the entered MiniDSP values into the nearest freq and Q values available in the Xilica.

The OP's question was for just using 2 different models of Xilica. The only difference there is they have a different number of inputs and outputs. In that case the filter setting choices are identical.
Well I know that all my settings were exactly the same in my situation from the MiniDSP to the Xilica. I don't know if they would be the same if my room or speakers was different, but it did work for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts