Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told an SPL (with REW, soundcard) can be used without a mic for real time analysis.
Can anyone tell me if the mic at the UK amazon site will suffice, I cant find Radio Shack's 33-2055 Digital RS Meter.

As I cant post links could some please search for Radioshack SPL in the UK amazon site which will return a result for the £39.99 Digital Sound Level meter by Radioshack. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me if this SPL fits the criteria.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could anyone at least tell me what I should be looking for in an SPL to ensure its capable of doing the job. Or suggest ones that I should get, which are available in the UK, please.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just out of curiosity would I be able to use the mic(which calibrates audio for your listening environment) that came with my yamaha amp to do RTA. I realize this is the cheap way of doing it but just to get a rough idea of whats going on acoustically, would it work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for taking the time to post JohnM really appreciate it.
Wow surprised something cheaper is better suited for the job. But that saves me a few quid, so thanks a lot. I guess the UMIK mic would be ideal, but I can't find any UK sites that sell it.

Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts