Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Mech....

Couldn't find a sample card of Platinum at HD. What shade does it fall in between? Has anyone speculated on how it will perform?

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Wilsonart Platinum has an RGB of 181 181 179. That's a bit darker than Fashion Grey. It also comes in closer to D65 than FG. I have yet to hear of anyone trying it. And I would think it would perform best in a room with a lot of ambient light and a bright projector! :T

As for hot spots, who knows. :dunno:

mech

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
paints, I assume you know this...but if it does hot-spot then the tried-and-true solution is a coat of poly.

mech has done lots of poly testing, and if platinum hot-spots I'm sure he could recommend a good solution.

BTW, am I the only one that was caught off-guard by a member named "paints" looking into a laminate solution. :rofl:

·
Registered
65 Posts
paints, I assume you know this...but if it does hot-spot then the tried-and-true solution is a coat of poly.

mech has done lots of poly testing, and if platinum hot-spots I'm sure he could recommend a good solution.

BTW, am I the only one that was caught off-guard by a member named "paints" looking into a laminate solution. :rofl:
The irony! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts