Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running Vista and can't access the winISD help menu. I've had to do some trial and error, but I think I've got most of it down now except the following:

(1) choosing from among the different types of vented enclosures. Rather, which one should I choose when designing a standard LLT enclosure (sonotube with single port)? Depending on the driver I have selected, different types of enclosures come up as the prompt when creating a new vented project.

(2) determining what parameters to use when selecting a HP filter. I'm using the Reckhorn B-1 which has a 24db/octave slope. As I recall you have to choose the type of HP filter (butterworth, linkwitz-riley, etc), the 'Q', 'N', etc.

If anyone would enlighten me I would be grateful. Thanks. Zac.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
A LLT would be in the EBS3 to EBS6 range. The cabinet volume is usually increased to meet the requirements of the LLT design. ( port diameter being 6 to 8 inches, port length being under 36 inches, port airspeed being under 26 m/s and tuning frequency being 15 hz or lower).

The simpliest way to model a HP filter is select "Butterworth". In the Reckhorn B1's case you would change the "Order" from "2" to "4" since it has a 4th order 24db/octave slope.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts