Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I loaded the parameters perfectly with your guide (very comprehensive thanks) created a project for 2 qxw6 woofers, 125W rms each on a sealed box, everything was good until I noticed the "Signal" section was calculating for 1W and 1ohm, I changed it for 250W and 16 ohm as thats the woofers impedance and rms consumption in series. But now the excursion and port velocity are way out of hand, my woofers would obliterate themselves unless I seal them in an unrealistical 3L (0,1 cubic feet) enclosure... what can I do? Did I misinterpret the meaning of signal, should I leave it on its default value? Thanks for helping this noob

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have followed every step in this and i still get negative vent length...... can anyone help? i have read the thread many times and i still can't figure it out. my parameters are 100% correct (if the manufacturer is to be believed) and i still get a negative port length

·
Registered
277 Posts
I haven't used it since my last entry in the driver database 'sticky' and didn't know this was even possible, just assumed it would show an error, but the only way this makes since to me is if you start with too small a vent area, i.e. the vent area [Av] should normally be at least 1/3 driver effective piston area [Sd] and if a high Xmax driver, then at least [Sd]/2 and some need to be [Av] = [Sd] and will be quite long.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I changed it the type of box to boom box and that seemed to fix it.... I was going off of what the manufacturer has put out on the internet. But anyways, I got it working on the day of posting this and forgot about this post so now I feel really dumb

·
Registered
277 Posts
'Stuff' happens! ;) I don't remember this option on the original PRO or the latest PRO 0.7 or why it would make a difference unless the rules governing a low vent mach is 'loosened' or just removed.

Regardless, glad the problem was easily solved.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts