Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally getting close to doing some subs for my remodeled house & I have no clue which direction is the best way to go. Where do I get the programs to help me figure out what size sub/box I should go with & also the number of subs? Or is it something some of you can help me with?

I see there is some talk about using 3 subs which is something I could do, it's just will 3 15's be OK or should I go with 3 18's? I will probably need to keep the box at/under 30 ish inches sq so it doesn't look to big. Should I consider passive radiators?

Not sure on amps, possibly a ep2500 or similar per speaker if needed however I would prefer 1 amp for all the subs for money reasons. Presently I use infinity kappa 8.1vII's for mains & rear powered by a parasound HCA-1500. A pair of Kappa video's for center & I plan on trying to find another pair for rear 7.1 effects, also powered by a parasound hca-1500. I do plan on getting something better more powerfull for my main speakers......

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) I would say both. I haven't been able to hook up my kappa's in their new position yet & depending on how they sound I might want to use the subs for both

2) Not 100% sure what my budget is. I have read good things about soundsplinter & also the exodus audio subs so unless there is something better for similar money that's where I would like to spend my money. I have no clue what I will spend on amps but I figure that will depend on the subs I use.

3) Rough dimensions are 30ft x 20ft x 8ft. There are 2 opening on each end of where the stereo/TV will go that opends up to the rest of the house. Both openings are around 4ft across.......

I also wouldn't have a problem using PR's if that's superior to a sealed box especially if that would let me get by with 2 subs & not need a 3rd.

thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet.... that's what I needed!

2 18's & 2 PR's per sub :)

Just need to figure out which amp now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts