Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, thanks in advance for your help. I'm running windows xp pro with sp3. I installed the most recent version of java available then installed REW. I can get into the program and have performed the soundcard calibration and even made a few initial graphs with my SPL.

However, REW seems to randomly hang the computer requiring a hard power cycle to function again. Anyone else experience this? Thanks! I hope to post some graphs soon!

-akajester

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Brucek. I don't see an error log file in the REW directory. Where would I find it? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
The REW error log is located in your home directory. In XP it will usually be in c:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\

The error files are stored there and are called roomeq_wizard0.txt, roomeq_wizard1.txt, etc.....

You can open them with Notepad. There's a rotating list, so choose the one with the newest date.

brucek

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Sorry, I don't get much from those error logs that point to a problem.

I would suspect it would be java problem, but you'll have to see if you can isolate what you're doing at the time it locks up. Hopefully, the action is consistent enough to narrow down.

I really have no other ideas, other than to point to the fact that we've never had anyone ever complain about this... there's something special about your machine.

brucek

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing consistent about the lockups are that they only happen right after running calibration or room tests. It always happens after that point, when it's building the graph.

I'll reinstall Java and see if that makes a difference. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I uninstalled java and installed version 6.0, instead of 6u16. I also saw a bios and sound card driver update for my mobo, so I did that. I'll report back if the problem is solved. Thanks again for the great software, tutorials and excellent support!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts