Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, like many of you I find myself trying to enjoy my system once everyone else has gone to bed. This makes it very,...difficult. I know there are a number of very good headphones out there but I am curious,.... are there any good "wire less" headphones out there?

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RF or IR ? Is there a big difference?

I also came across the MDR-V6 as a budget (wired) solution.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have never bought wireless headphones. Though I know the obvious advantages, most of the highly regarded headphones are not wireless. And since I do not plan to walk around my house while I listen like my cousin does, well.................

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah,... I was thinking wireless mainly for comfort. I have not had a pr. of headphones since the early '80's, I'd think today's wireless would be an improvement over 30 year old wired (at least the ones I had). Was not thinking anything too fancy, ~$200 or there about. Don't want a replacement for my speakers, just something for those late nights.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah,... I was thinking wireless mainly for comfort. I have not had a pr. of headphones since the early '80's, I'd think today's wireless would be an improvement over 30 year old wired (at least the ones I had). Was not thinking anything too fancy, ~$200 or there about. Don't want a replacement for my speakers, just something for those late nights.
I recommend you check out Headroom - Right Between Your Ears at www.headphone.com/ Headphone geeks that love phones. And have some of the best headphone amps and accessories. Whatever you need, they have it.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Greg, I'll do that. I had checked out Headfi.org the other day. More info is always good for research.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'm a little slow but I did finally make a purchase yesterday. Never did come across that good deal on the MDR-V6 as they just never seemed to be in-stock. What I did do was go back to my original thought of wireless headphones. I picked up a Sony - PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset — Elite Edition. So far it seems to do everything pretty well, kind of a jack of all trades workhouse.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Personally, I like a good RF setup. IR needs line of sight and doesn't suffer from the static you find in a lot cheaper analog RF systems. Digital RF is probably the best compromise between freedom and sound quality and in my opinion Sennheiser's KLEER is one of the better systems out there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought the JayBird Gear BlueBuds X for the guy and have it connec wirelessly via bluettoth with my ipod when I am running on the treadmill and they sound excellent even when I am running flat out at 10-12 mph. I run the cable behind my head and can switch songs at the push of a button. Helped me workout even longer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts