Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, 1st post :gulp:

I realise rew needs line in level not mic in. Is there a soundcard similar to a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Notebook xpress card

With line in ability?

I'd like to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, get music/sweeps streaming to my hifi from pc and have a line in for rew graphs.

Any ideas without costing a fortune?

Cheers
Carl

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Re: ---Wireless soundcard advice---

Not sure what the X-Fi Notebook Xpress is, SB's website only has the X-Fi Notebook, not billed as an Xpress model... but if I've got the right one...
A review SBs site links to lists the specs on the X-Fi Notebook, that the input is either line in OR mic in, so it should be switchable (in the drivers) to line in, and that part should therefore work...
I can't vouche for their wireless tech.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Not sure what the X-Fi Notebook Xpress is, SB's website only has the X-Fi Notebook, not billed as an Xpress model... but if I've got the right one...
A review SBs site links to lists the specs on the X-Fi Notebook, that the input is either line in OR mic in, so it should be switchable (in the drivers) to line in, and that part should therefore work...
I can't vouche for their wireless tech.
Cheers Greg,

It does allude to mic in/ line in. Bit of a leap of faith without the kit and manual.
Still might be worth a try.:T

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Cheers Greg,

It does allude to mic in/ line in. Bit of a leap of faith without the kit and manual.
Still might be worth a try.:T
Sure is Carl, it sure is! Welcome to the Shack BTW...

It was a great thing when companies started putting manuals online for all to download... now some are starting to get lazy with it... it's a real shame...

If you search this sub-forum, though, you'll see a few success stories of peopel that made the dual line/mic in's work, though not necessarily on this particular card. And I don't think I've ever heard of someone doing it wirelessly.

If you choose to buy that, get a good return policy, and try it out quickly! And of course report back so we can learn from your success!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.