Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I do wedding videos on the side and in the past I use a wireless mic the uses a 9v battery in both the receiver and transmitter. I would also like the option to get sound directly from the front of house sound board and was thinking if these https://www.amazon.ca/Dayton-Audio-Sub-Link-Transmitter-Subwoofers/dp/B00A4V22G0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1482256933&sr=8-6&keywords=wireless+audio+transmitter would work if I was to buy a USB battery pack like this https://www.amazon.ca/20000mAh-Portable-External-Battery-Technology/dp/B00R97DNHE/ref=gbps_img_m-6_50bc_5d49b5f6?smid=A142BGUZC6UH73&pf_rd_p=e0161acf-b349-4c9f-a09e-15e6603e50bc&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=2055586011&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=79F58XR7K551S2D6MX01 to power the receiver that is attached to my video camera.

Does anybody think this could work? how long do you think the battery would power the receiver?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I`d be really wary of anything that says "optimized for subwoofers", but it does also say "can be used for powered surround speakers"... so maybe. Also, 2.4GHz is a common band for a lot of consumer electronics, so if that transmitter/receiver set doesn't have some method of switching channels to avoid cross-talk and whatnot, you might be stuck with a choppy signal. If I was relying on a wireless setup to get a clean signal for a video that I needed to deliver to a paying client, this would make me really edgy. I hate to say it, but when it comes to wireless audio, you get what you pay for. If I need it to work, I don't generally want to deal with anything less than about $1K/ch.

As for the battery, the Dayton unit says it wants a 5V 1A power supply... so in theory that battery would power one end of that system for 20 hours. Your mileage may vary.

EDIT: I have the older version of the Anker PowerCore 26800... it's been a great battery for me so far. 10 hours to charge is not great, but it holds a charge for a long time, and takes forever to drain when charging phones and such. The built-in flashlight is also pretty handy. For the price, it's pretty close to being the highest energy density-to-cost ratio available from a recognizable brand.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you, you have some good points about the possibility of interference. I may have to dig around a bit more to find something that uses a higher frequency thats less commonly used.
The battery pack seems nice and may be a good option for me anyhow for other uses.

EDIT: I see there are alot of options for blutooth transmitters/receivers, I wonder if they would work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts