Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What size wood screws would you use to put Elemental Designs 19ov.02 woofers into 3/4 edf and foam weather stripping?

2. What thickness and width of weather stripping would you use on the endcaps that were cut for flush mounting (about 1 inch lip)?

3. How do I wire up the dual 2ohm woofers to 4 ohms and then how do I connect them together to run at 8ohm... I heard that was possible

4. If my amp puts out 1300w at ohms in bridged mono, will each woofer get half of that?

3 of the questions are short, one is long I guess but I really want to finish this weekend before I get killed for taking over the kitchen with these tubes.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike comes through again,

1. Really just one inch? I thought it would be more because of the rubber seal around the sub and the weather stripping but I guess since the edf is only 3/4 its better to be safe.

2. I mean on the cut out for the flush mounting, the flush mounting ring looks like a recessed lip to me so thats the best way I could describe it. I want to figure out the best size weather stripping for this recessed cut out that is about an inch wide.

3. Is that diagram for dual 2 ohm x 2? - I have dual 2 ohm woofers and ed told me each one can be wired into 1 or 4 ohms and if wired into 4 ohms can be combined to 8ohms and that is my goal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts