Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their a business out there that will cut wood for speaker building and ship it to you?

It would seem to me that if someone had a CNC router table able to cut 4 x 8 sheets of MDF or Ply they could buy wood at wholesale and cut stock plans for DIY subs, speakers, etc. and also do custom work at a reasonable price. Shipping may be the real deal killer but if someone offered such a service I think it would bring DIY to more people (those without all the tools).

I'm an entrepreneur at heart and maybe this is something I might look into closer.

I would also consider such a service for my DIY builds if it wasn't cost prohibitive. I have access to tools but I don't own any power tools except a hand sander. :) I don't find the cutting of the wood to be all that fun either, it's more the hassle part of DIY.

What are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Here's a lumber yard in Austin TX that did a fantastic job cutting my sub panels. They do custom CNC milling and their website says they also provide shipping. They carry 3/4" and 1" double-refined MDF as well as baltic birch and other plywoods.

-Darrell

·
Registered
53 Posts
Made a floor for my sailboat out of ribbon mahogany from Fine Lumber.:bigsmile: Nice folks.
Thanks for the tip about their CNC and custom cutting! Have not been there recently.

·
Registered
136 Posts
CNC is the SEX!

I've been examining the options of building a CNC table and have found that the majority of my builds require nowhere near the requirement of a 4 x 8 table. Not only is it extremely expensive to acquire said parts that big (I say extremely because I'm cheap to begin with) but would be large and heavy.

*If* you think there is a potential market for such things in your area, I would suggest you look into the car audio market more so than home audio. The ratio of kids wanting boxes for car audio to middle aged farts wanting boxes for HA/HT is around 6 to 1.

Good luck!
Mark

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Elemental desiegns will cut and ship for you. Check them out at www.edesignaudio.com Call and talk to Alex and he will give you all the info about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BidNZ: Business Services available in New Zealand

hii
Take a glance on following info this is all related to Business Services available in New Zealand just click on following link

BidNZ: Business Services available in New Zealand

Business” is the act of being busy. In commercial sense, it is an act of being busy doing some profitable work. In general, it is an organization which provides product or services or ideas to the consumers. Usually, businesses are privately owned, providing services with an intention of earning profit, thereby, creating wealth for the owners.

i hope this will help u

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts